Metal Gear Solid collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great! There really isn't anything wrong with the Old Snake Medicom to me other than the terrible paint app.

Speaking of Medicom, my Raiden's right sword holding hand peg broke off in the hand :monkey2 I would like to get a replacement but that seems next to impossible.

Well at least Medicom, at least for it's time, made a sculpt that looks like what an Old Snake would look like. Unlike <cough>.. Hot Toys taking the easy way out and sculpting a 3DS Snake instead of a PS2 Snake <cough>

Anyway, Plissken, how's your Meryl art coming up? I can't wait to see it!

Well at least Medicom, at least for it's time, made a sculpt that looks like what an Old Snake would look like. Unlike <cough>.. Hot Toys taking the easy way out and sculpting a 3DS Snake instead of a PS2 Snake <cough>

Anyway, Plissken, how's your Meryl art coming up? I can't wait to see it!

They really should not of went with that 3DS render look, and he doesn't even look like that in the final game! He looks the same as the PS2 version and only has this dumb look in the Naked Sample.

I didn't do Meryl with Snake I only did Snake. I had posted the pics a few pages back.

2hgcmex.jpg

2hey8oy.jpg

I will do a Snake & Meryl this week eventually. I'm currently trying to do a Leon & Clare from Resident Evil 2. :yess:

Also guys I'm selling both my PAK Solid Snake figures, both are MIB and never removed ever. I'm looking for 129$ shipped.

Last edited:
yes i do my friend. it happened to me too. get a needle and heat up the tip for a second. poke between the hand and peg and pry it out quickly. it should come out easily. just dont shoot it across the room. :lol

Well I did that sewing needle trick like you said...

and it worked like a charm! :panic:

My girlfriend was helping me with it, I was holding the needle and she heated up the end of it and I quickly put it in the broken nub quickly since it cooled off really fast. I burned myself a few times because it took more than one try but I finally got it out and it came out whole. I kind of burned the needle in the side of the inner hand but you can't notice it at all from the outside. I have a new peg in the wrist and it holds much better.

Thanks a lot Jason, it never occured to me to even try that, definitely a new tactic that I can use if it ever happens again.

:1-1::blissy

No problem. Yeah thats why i said heat it for a second to avoid hurting your fingers or the raiden hand. Im glad you fixed it tho it was probably the most useful hand of the six.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

No problem. Yeah thats why i said heat it for a second to avoid hurting your fingers or the raiden hand. Im glad you fixed it tho it was probably the most useful hand of the six.

Seriously, it couldn't of happened to a more important hand than the sword holding hand. I also decided to take his coat off since I was sick of looking at it like that and I wanted to see the design of his body. I should take some pics of my whole MGS collection since I'm getting four days off.

Although my collection is not very big compared to some of you guys :nana:

I won't take any more pictures of my collection until I get a sweet HD camera this camera phone is not cutting it it looks like a Nintendo Gameboy

I won't take any more pictures of my collection until I get a sweet HD camera this camera phone is not cutting it it looks like a Nintendo Gameboy

I need a updated camera too, everything looks washed out and orange :monkey4

I will still do my best to take pics of my stuff, I need to organize my game cabinet since it's a complete mess :slap

EDIT: I'm selling my Inflames Metal Boss if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Man... with all of my current pre-orders, I think I should let some of my Play Arts MGS figures go. Tell you what, if any of you are interested in the Jungle Fatigues and Sneaking Suit figures from Peace Walker, hit me up with a PM.

Already have the Big Boss Hot Toys figure on pre-order so I don't think I'll need the all plastic one from Play Arts.

Any word on Rex (Bambaland version)? or did we give up hope as a collective?

Last year I heard end of November which we are in (?), thanks for the info!

Any word on Rex (Bambaland version)? or did we give up hope as a collective?

Last year I heard end of November which we are in (?), thanks for the info!

It's looking like January at this point since they don't ship much in December. These constant delays are getting absolutely ridiculous at this point.

It's looking like January at this point since they don't ship much in December. These constant delays are getting absolutely ridiculous at this point.

Seriously? A Dec delay is absolutely ludicrous! Did they at least provide a reason yet?

Meanwhile the none EX are shipping correct?

Back