Metal Gear Movie Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only way this won't suck would be if Hideo is heavily involved in this project.

The fact that, as I already stated, the Snake's are younger and facially identical versions of him says that he should play the younger version (ie. Solid Snake) too. Have you played the MGS games lol?

That doesn't mean ****. You do realize Snake was designed after Russell's Snake Pliskin, right? They just have to dress the younger actors to be believable younger versions of Kurt. And as we've seen many times, an older actor portraying a role looks 1000x better than a younger actor in make-up. Prometheus is the latest example of how dressing up a younger actor doesn't work.

That doesn't mean ****. You do realize Snake was designed after Russell's Snake Pliskin, right? They just have to dress the younger actors to be believable younger versions of Kurt. And as we've seen many times, an older actor portraying a role looks 1000x better than a younger actor in make-up. Prometheus is the latest example of how dressing up a younger actor doesn't work.

Of course it means **** ha! Whilst I agree that, yes, making a younger person look older doesn't always work, and having Kurt play Big Boss would be cool, I think characters that are famous for being facially identical should surely be presented as facially identical on film?

This of course in an ideal scenario, and one which might not work, but I think you would have to apply some sort of prosthetic or make up to a younger actor to make them look like Kurt Russell if they decide to go down that route. If Big Boss is supposed to have these younger clones but they don't look like him, then the whole concept of them being "clones" goes out the window.

And yes, as a player of every MGS game since MGS was released in 1998, I am fully aware that Solid Snake was based on Snake Pliskin, he even uses that alias in MGS2... but did they use Kurt Russell's face when they designed the MGS games? No.

Either way they do it, I'm sure it will look cool on film.

Of course it means **** ha! Whilst I agree that, yes, making a younger person look older doesn't always work, and having Kurt play Big Boss would be cool, I think characters that are famous for being facially identical should surely be presented as facially identical on film?

This of course in an ideal scenario, and one which might not work, but I think you would have to apply some sort of prosthetic or make up to a younger actor to make them look like Kurt Russell if they decide to go down that route. If Big Boss is supposed to have these younger clones but they don't look like him, then the whole concept of them being "clones" goes out the window.

And yes, as a player of every MGS game since MGS was released in 1998, I am fully aware that Solid Snake was based on Snake Pliskin, he even uses that alias in MGS2... but did they use Kurt Russell's face when they designed the MGS games? No.

Either way they do it, I'm sure it will look cool on film.

It worked for Hardy and Stewart in Nemesis. All they need to do is find a younger actor that loosely resembles Russell.

It worked for Hardy and Stewart in First Contact. All they need to do is find a younger actor that loosely resembles Russell.

Admittedly, I have not seen First Contact (the only Star Trek I have ever watched is the 2009 movie), but if it works there it could certainly work with Snake/Big Boss. When you say Hardy, are you referring to Tom Hardy? Because I didn't know that, and that's pretty cool!

Admittedly, I have not seen First Contact (the only Star Trek I have ever watched is the 2009 movie), but if it works there it could certainly work with Snake/Big Boss. When you say Hardy, are you referring to Tom Hardy? Because I didn't know that, and that's pretty cool!

startreknemesis-hardy-stewart.jpg

Something like that could easily work for MGS too. And yes, Tom Hardy. As a matter of fact, he borrowed the speech pattern from his character in Nemesis for Bane. :lol

The fact that, as I already stated, the Snake's are younger and facially identical versions of him says that he should play the younger version (ie. Solid Snake) too. Have you played the MGS games lol?

Yes own every game but failing to see your point.

It's beyond me why David Hayter should play Snake. He doesn't really look like Snake, so why. I bet that many actors could mimic Hayters voice and style. You just have to sound a bit crumpy.

I really don't give a flying f where the actor is from as long as he can speak and pronounce good american english and has strong resemblance to Snake. And it would be really really nice, if he could also act. Eric Bana could actually be rather good choice. But not Bale. I'm not Bale nor Nolan hater, but he just doesn't look anything like snake no matter how nice batman he might be. Hugh Jackman is sure charismatic and all, but most likely booked to do other stuff, like Wolverine 2 and possibly First class 2.

Kurt Russel could be a good choice for Big Boss. I actually think that James Coburn could have been nice Big Boss, but unfortunately it's not possible anymore.

How about Michael Wincott playing Revolver Ocelot. I just see that he would have similar facial features as animated Ocelot and cool voice too. Or do we have to resurrect Lee Van Cleef?

Last edited:
Josh Holloway has been my first choice as Snake for a long time now.He has the right look and voice to put on a damn good Snake performance.

Back