Menlojames Custom fun and repaints some new figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirty John Connor paint up

I got this great head form Fenix and tried to give it a dirty look. It looks more dirty weathered in hand.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Re: Dirty John Connor paint up

Nice job on the paint, but I think the pics may let it down? As in, not show off the paintjob as best they could

Bet they are! Especially when the end result is that!

if i may give you a suggestion, take black/grey/silver/brown paint, water it down, put it on a toothbrush, and spray it on the face

Thanks the vampire with soul and Shakey, In person it has the look I was going for and has the dirtyness as seen in the pictures I collected though you are exactly right the pictures don't quite show it. I think the first picture shows it best though not close to what it really looks like.

Commtech, you know we are all having fun and getting excited for the movie to come out it's summer time!

Shakey, thank you so much for your kind words.

villainsfan42, Thanks for the advice though unfortunately the pictures don't quite show the weathering I put on it. I will try that technique out in the future Thanks!

Looks good! If you look carefully enough in the first image you can see the dirt effect on the pronounced parts of the face; the cheeks, forehead, etc.

Re: Terminator T-600

yea I think for the money you get alot.. I mean $20 thats dirt cheap.. and it even has ball joints in legs and arms..Its the only playmates figure I purchased.. I know a t-600 is taller.. but hey like a said for the price.. it works well with your gijoes and Sideshow terminators just fine.. nice work by the way dude.. I wanted to dress mine up in cloth uniform also..

Re: Terminator T-600

Thanks Reinhardt, I am thinking of a way to give him a neck and am adding leather tore up shoes for a more realistic look.

uscmbuzz you hit the head on the nail, $20 for the head arms and legs is an awsome deal. I did add 2" to this figure making it 12" instead of 10" though the head is still kind of small but with the long arms it looks almost right to me, Still a WIP.

Re: Anyone Interested in a Will Smith Sculpt

didn't Hot Toys already release a pretty good sculpt with a previous Truetype?

I think Hot toys released a smith figure years ago and I got that head, I don't think it's very good it is before Hot toys was what it is now. I'm talking about getting a quality Will Smith head in a I am legend look. Come on I know there are some people out there that want this too, at least I hope so!

Alright everyone it looks like we are getting some momentum on a Fantastic Will Smith sculpt. Who else is out there that would like to jump in on this? :family

I've just recommended "wHySoSeRiOuS203" to get in on this. I've posted this link on his thread. A good Will Smith hs is much needed. Good luck!

Back