Medicom Jawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those jawas in the link have hardly been touched, actually. I think if you added weathering and dirt to their robes, they'd look even better.

Thats what I'm saying... these look good with a little work, imagine if you really put some time into it. And the kind of work required isn't real detail oriented like other custom projects would be.

I was very unimpressed by this at the show. It looked like it should've cost about $25, not $80.

Yeah, I think I got a little over-excited at the show with the pre-orders. Will definitely cancel this one.

And the Han for $180 is equally ridiculous. Didn't even bother with that one.

Yeah, I think I got a little over-excited at the show with the pre-orders. Will definitely cancel this one.

And the Han for $180 is equally ridiculous. Didn't even bother with that one.

I laughed out loud when I saw the price on him :lol

Thats what I'm saying... these look good with a little work, imagine if you really put some time into it. And the kind of work required isn't real detail oriented like other custom projects would be.

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard. I did a jawa a while back. You need to do something to their bandoliers since they look too plasticky, and weather the robes. The funny thing was that I had the robe weathered perfectly (I thought) using black and brown paint washes and I thought it looked great, but when the robe dried out, the weathering basically disappeared. I needed to use a lot more paint than I originally thought.

Black paint is deceptive in weathering... I've been worried a few times that I went overboard only to see it mostly dissapear after a hour or so :lol

Wonder if cutting off the pockets and re-attaching them to a leather or cloth bandolier would do the trick? I'm gonna have to get a few of these soon and tinker around with them :rock

I laughed out loud when I saw the price on him :lol

I never saw the price come up on that thing in the display case. What's weird is that they wrote $69.99 on my pre-order form, so the price on the sell-sheet was apparently wrong. :( Not that the $10 makes THAT much of a difference. It's too high either way. But there is no way I'm keeping it on order for $80. Craziness. I have a couple of the Hasbros that I'll just customize.

I am probably changing my mind about getting this fella, he cost nearly as much as a SSC Stormtrooper at my local retail.

mede-vcd0047 ヴァイナル コレクタブルドールズ JAWA
・メディコム商品
・スターウォーズより
・ヴァイナル コレクタブルドールズシリーズ
・彩色済みフィギュア
・全高約150mm

4月下旬入荷予定
ご予約になります
通常価格8,190円(税込み)

ヴァイナルコレクティブルドールズ STARWARS JAWA(ジャワ)

STARWARSの隠れた人気キャラ「JAWA(ジャワ)」がVCDに登場!!IONIZATIHON BLASTER&DROID CALLERが付属します!複数買いで劇中の惑星タトゥイーンでのシーンを再現してみては?

2882610440_aceaa276d9_o.jpg

2882609380_2608bea97f_o.jpg

April 2009 release

pics & info from toy-world.com.hk

I am probably changing my mind about getting this fella, he cost nearly as much as a SSC Stormtrooper at my local retail.

Was that myself saying a month ago not to get him? Seems like I have changed my mind again. He is going to be mine! Hah hah.:lol

I like how the Japanese encourages you to "buy several to recreate the Tattooine scenes from the movie." :lol

I bet somebody somewhere is going to do just that, too.

The only Medicom I collect are the small figures like Yoda, Wicket, and now the Jawa. Can't wait to get him even at the rediculous price :banghead

I cancelled this...I like it a lot, but I think it's to expensive, specially since the eyes don't light up...I'll pick it up maybe at a later date...
I also cancelled Han, way too expensive...

Bigger clearer images from toy-world.com.hk
2884597279_099a3cd77e_o.jpg

2885432932_7dcef5fd06_o.jpg

2884596943_6399f7908b_o.jpg

I like the details on the belts and stuffs, some nice weathering effect going on.

Back