Medicom Jawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but $80???? I really like Medicom and have a lot of their Star Wars stuff but their prices are getting out of hand.

I own several as well but they have some serious issues...

Vader (ROTJ)- hands won't stay on his "flippers" (they're constantly falling off)
Maul- two of the pegs for his hands snapped easily, his head pops off whenever its turned
Jango- one of his cords (leading into his gauntlet) popped off the first time I touched the figure yesterday after it had been sitting on my shelf for several months
Boba and Stormtrooper? I'm scared to even look at them in case their heads explode.

Medi are out of scale, cheaply constructed, and totally out of wack when it comes to price (case in point Han and the Jawa). Yes, the Anakin looks fracking unbelieveable but I won't be buying him after these other experiences.:monkey4

I have Wicket and Yoda but I think I am passing on the Jawa. Too much other stuff I like more.

Last edited:
Can't believe the price tag on these... that's just too much for what (to me) would just be a fun background guy.

I agree with Icruise, just get some of the old Hasbro ones. I've seen some great customized ones.

Of course the price tag is justifiable, just look at the likeness of the head sculpt! Hah hah.

Yep, win-win all around. A savvy shopper can probably get one for under $10 I'd imagine. Not sure how the articulation is... but maybe even could modify 3 3/4" figures for a better body.

Articulation sucks. I don't recall exactly, but I think it's similar to that of the first 3 3/4" Star Wars figures (movable arms and legs). Maybe a little better. But you really don't need them to be doing all that much, frankly.

Articulation sucks. I don't recall exactly, but I think it's similar to that of the first 3 3/4" Star Wars figures (movable arms and legs). Maybe a little better. But you really don't need them to be doing all that much, frankly.

When SSC does a Jawa on the new 'small person' body, we wouldn't be having any issue with lack of articulation.

I think they can be adjusted to some degree, but I think the hobbit bodies may be too big for jawas. The hobbits themselves are 9" tall, and a jawa should be around 6" tall.

I think they can be adjusted to some degree, but I think the hobbit bodies may be too big for jawas. The hobbits themselves are 9" tall, and a jawa should be around 6" tall.

You are right, never thought of that. I think Jawas are mostly children inside the outfit.

Then again, we did see some taller Jawas in ANH. It did be great if SSC does Jawas of difference height.

Back