Medicom Jawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sideshow guy that set up the Jawa at SDCC told me that it has all kinds of articulation.

I don't remember exactly what points he said it had. But I do know that I am an articulation fiend and had no intention of buying this figure because I thought it only had shoulders, elbows, wrists, and waist articulation. But after talking to the Sideshow guy, I changed my mind and decided to get it.

I like how the Japanese encourages you to "buy several to recreate the Tattooine scenes from the movie." :lol

I bet somebody somewhere is going to do just that, too.

We can't build an army of identical Jawas, each Jawa is difference as in the pouch configuration is difference. :lol

This guy is going on my Jabba throne so I don't need him to do anything but set there and look pretty.

I wouldn't expect it to be much cheaper in Japan, and in fact it could work out to be more expensive. I believe the MSRP is 8190 yen, which at the current exchange rate is about US$86 (plus 5% sales tax). Since it's new, I wouldn't think places would be discounting it much.

I was surprised when I went to Japan that imported figures I could buy in the States (like the Kaiyodo Fist of the North Star figures) were at least twice as expensive when I was in Japan :lol

Yeah, I have heard that. I live in Australia so everything is much more expensive anyway. I have also heard that you can find some of the olderer, rare 1/6th cheaper.

Yeah, I was able to find older stuff for way cheaper than if I was buying in the US... mostly as there was more there and you were in person Vs buying on-line or through an auction.

But new stuff (especially the more collector focused things) were more expensive.

I am tempted to pick this little guy up if I can get my hands on a gift card. I think he will look good with the Endor Rebels.

Similar to the Carbonite thread... I's go with the Hasbro. With a little customizing work you could get a whole army off them for the same price :lol

I will definitely get these guys. Yeah they are a little pricey but they look good. I am a big Jawa fan and I collect them but surprisingly I never got around to buy the Hasbro two pack. I recently saw a good deal on them so I purchased them. I just got them right now.

Where do I start, they are bad, bad as in awful. I am glad I didn't pay full retail price. Maybe that is why I never bought them when they were released. The guns are soft, they can't hold them, they don't fit in their holster, etc, etc.

Has anybody customized theirs to make them look half decent?

Luis

I will definitely get these guys. Yeah they are a little pricey but they look good. I am a big Jawa fan and I collect them but surprisingly I never got around to buy the Hasbro two pack. I recently saw a good deal on them so I purchased them. I just got them right now.

Where do I start, they are bad, bad as in awful. I am glad I didn't pay full retail price. Maybe that is why I never bought them when they were released. The guns are soft, they can't hold them, they don't fit in their holster, etc, etc.

Has anybody customized theirs to make them look half decent?

Luis

I too am a big Jawa fan. Have always hoped for Sideshow to ultilise the "Hobbit body" for some Jawas.

Being in Asia, if I get to receive the Medicom Jawa early I will post images.:)

Back