Medicom Jawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yoda and Wicket aren't exactly super-articulated, and I think that's what he was getting. You're never going to get anywhere near RAH-levels of articulation in a figure like this. Not that I think it's a dealbreaker or anything.
exactly, good sculpt or no, i like my figures with articulation. so far, the only vcd i want is alphonse. I hate the lack of yoda's articulation. but we'll see what they do, and where they go with this.
I'll wager, given the dynamic nature ofthe character, gohan will have substancialy more poseability than the standard vcd. i'll wager neck, shoulders elbows wrists hips, waste knees and ankles. if not, bad form medi, missed opportunity. but in the end, we will see :)

I think everyone should own the ESB Medi yoda it's that cool.

I couldn't agree more, he is worth every penny! Seriously this line of RAH er' I mean VCD figures is becoming one of my favorites from Medicom! I don't think SSC can pull off a Jawa with the current little people bodies so I'd say this the best opportunity to grab these characters in this scale. Now we need some Ugnaughts! Yes VCD Ugnaughts would be cool. :monkey5

reminds me of some manga character

Paint the hoody yellow :

nonmanga.jpg
manga.jpg

I know him... he is the guy who sold Uncle Owen the broken R5.

Last edited:
I really like the Jawa. I wish he came with more weapons and stuff, I would but two or three then.

Also they need to make a bunch more of the Ewoks in this line.

I really like the Jawa. I wish he came with more weapons and stuff, I would but two or three then.

Also they need to make a bunch more of the Ewoks in this line.

I would like to see more Ewoks too. Medicom need to make correction to the size of Ewoks though, they made Wicket too small. :wacky

I will be getting this piece but not duplicates. I bet SSC did be coming up with their version of Jawas in time.

Last edited:
Regardless of the height issues, the fact is, the jawa looks nothing like the jawa from the movie. I mean, if you turn him at certain angles, he kinda resembles him, but overall, I just don't see the likeness.

Likeness? You mean brown hood and yellow eyes?

Turn him at angles? Im not sure how you managed to do that.

I think it looks pretty good. If you watch the movie, the Jawas actually come in all shapes and sizes. The only thing I would think is not exactly movie perfect is the eyes seem too big.

I think the only thing I don't like on this is the Right hand, its looks stupid holding that gun. They need more then one hand for something like this couple plain hands and hands to hold Caller and Gun.

Looks like I'll be picking this one up, assuming its price is comparable to the VCD Yoda and Wicket. Like others have already said, light-up eyes will be the deciding factor. Painted eyes would just make it another toy. I'm not sure I understand how likeness is a factor -- Jawas don't even have faces! Neither is articulation... Is George Lucas releasing another edition of Star Wars with never-before-seen footage of Jawas doing kung fu fighting against stormtroopers in bullet time? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jawas in the movies I've seen were either a) walking b) standing still or c) corpses.

Well, they attached stuff to droids, which would be hard without properly articulated hands and wrists. But yeah, they're not going to be that many poses. For me, this jawa looks good but a little cartoony somehow.

Likeness? You mean brown hood and yellow eyes?

Turn him at angles? Im not sure how you managed to do that.

I think it looks pretty good. If you watch the movie, the Jawas actually come in all shapes and sizes. The only thing I would think is not exactly movie perfect is the eyes seem too big.

Jokes, dude.

People always say my delivery's too dry. Guess this is a case in point.

Or because what I said is exactly what's bein' said about the Anakin, Solo, and even Clone trooper offerings. Just thought I'd throw in the perfunctory "looks nothing like him" so we could get it over with.

In fact, it looks exactly like a jawa. Props to Medicom for doing him/them.

Thats true the Hasbro ones, with a little work are quite nice. But again, having some different ones mixed together could look pretty nice for a display. Or I'm thinking it would be funny to hav 4 or 5 of them hidden around my office ready to spring on the unsuspecting :lol

Back