Medicom Jawa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom's non armored human SW figures are overpriced drivel but they do some nice aliens and like Yoda and Wicket I'll be adding the Jawa to my collection.
I wonder if they'll do an Ugnaught next?

I agree the only Medicom figures I have bought are the Yoda and the Wicket. Only thing to get unless you want the Hasbro versions which I have had and are garbage.

I agree the only Medicom figures I have bought are the Yoda and the Wicket. Only thing to get unless you want the Hasbro versions which I have had and are garbage.

There was a time when I would have defended Medicoms figures but I'm sick of their lack of improvement when the other 1/6 companies have stepped up their game so much in the last year.

If the Jawa is a VCD, Pass. if th jawa is a new RAH Mini body ( Which is likely becuase of the Gohan figure from the same show) Then I'll get one. and that also means a PT yoda might not be far behind.

If the Jawa is a VCD, Pass. if th jawa is a new RAH Mini body ( Which is likely becuase of the Gohan figure from the same show) Then I'll get one. and that also means a PT yoda might not be far behind.

According to the name cards..
Gohan is a VCD. Jawa is also a VCD.

But Jawa is VCD much in the manner Yoda was a VCD. (Gohan not so much) Which means more like a RAH than a Super Deformed. It will have a combination of medi wrist joints and cut joints. So if Yoda was too 'VCD' for you, this will be as well.

'Being a VCD' from Medi is a bad way to eliminate your figures, as the classification is fairly meaningless, only that it is a custom body cast different from the standard RAH. It could mean an almost solid piece or one with a good amount of articulation.

Yoda and Wicket aren't exactly super-articulated, and I think that's what he was getting. You're never going to get anywhere near RAH-levels of articulation in a figure like this. Not that I think it's a dealbreaker or anything.

20080621_097df9dd264c87da3231IUIk5xPLhiQx.jpg

Now that's definitely tempting. As has already been mentioned there were many different sizes of jawas in the movies so having this guy even if SS does one down the line would still work out pretty well.

I may just get a few of them even if the are VCDs. They look badass and They actually look to have some articulation judging by the way the feet facde a different direction than the upper body. Though that may just be the head. I'll be keeping a close eye on them just the same. They do look mondo cool.

I love Jawa's but is it me or does it seem really tall next to the Ewok?

That's because Wicket is way too short which is making me think about selling mine off.

Wicket is just short for an ewok, remember he was the only child midget playing an ewok. All other Ewoks are much taller, watch the movie.

Wicket is just short for an ewok, remember he was the only child midget playing an ewok. All other Ewoks are much taller, watch the movie.

Yes, I do know that. The Medi figure is STILL too short. He looks about the same size as Yoda when he should be taller than Yoda - thus too short to be proper 1/6.

Regardless of the height issues, the fact is, the jawa looks nothing like the jawa from the movie. I mean, if you turn him at certain angles, he kinda resembles him, but overall, I just don't see the likeness.

Back