Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

It looks good and I'll order it (probably) from SSC but I think with soooooooooo many good 1/6 (and PF) on the horizon (SDCC) this one'll (probably) get the boot when that time comes.

That face is awesome. The hair is what it is...that's the Medi aesthetic. You like it or you don't. I really, really wish they had shown a ROTS Obi Wan, but I imagine he can't be too far behind.
This thing is gonna make for some sick saber posing.

Finally something to replace this mess...

2119_press03-001.jpg

The hair is what it is...that's the Medi aesthetic. You like it or you don't.

I don't know, Medicom can do just fine with hair, I don't think they have an aesthetic, Medi Jack Sparrow and Wolverine's hair perfectly capture the style from the film, this one just seems to have veered way off course, it's not even stylistic it just doesn't resemble the look of the hair he had in the movie.

Finally something to replace this mess...

2119_press03-001.jpg
that's pretty bad. the paint is anyway. i like the sculpt on that one. DA is repairing mine. the best part about giving the head to DA is now i dont have to look at it anymore.

Last edited:

C' mon boys , the figure seems to be very good , not draw conclusions too quickly !!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:bounce:rock

I like the sculpt, but is the head too big, or the neck too skinny, could even be a too short of a body? Seems to be the same with Han. But the sculpt is better then SS. Too bad I dont collect 1/6 any more.

I don't think they have an aesthetic

I have to respectfully disagree with you there. I think everyone from Jack Bauer to Neo has a similar quality to the hair sculpting. Sparrow might be a little different, I don't remember.

I'm not sure what the definitive look of Anakin's hair was in ROTS...it seemed to change quite a bit from scene to scene and photo to photo. This may not reflect the style (if you can call it that) of his hair in the movie perfectly, but I think it looks cool.:cool:

Anatomy of a Medicom SW release:

1) Poor quality snapshot released of Medi SW figure
2) Board members who haven't been seen in ages crawl out of the woodwork praising said Medi figure
3) Said people noticing one aspect of the Medi figure that is better than Sideshow's.
4) Medi-loyalists declaring Medicom is the greatest and SS is trash
5) Medi-loyalists starting ridiculous topics like "How can Sideshow compete?"
6) SS loyalists getting defensive and complaining about Medicom's high price point.
7) War ensues with people dissin' other people's mamas

Rinse and Repeat. :banghead

But none of that has real happened. Everyone has been pretty good sports so far.

I have to respectfully disagree with you there. I think everyone from Jack Bauer to Neo has a similar quality to the hair sculpting. Sparrow might be a little different, I don't remember.

I'm not sure what the definitive look of Anakin's hair was in ROTS...it seemed to change quite a bit from scene to scene and photo to photo. This may not reflect the style (if you can call it that) of his hair in the movie perfectly, but I think it looks cool.:cool:

Well I'll clarify, there is a style to the execution of hair, but, in terms of general shape and capturing the overall look, they're usually pretty good, but this one, I can't think of any moment where his hair looked like that.

Well I'll clarify, there is a style to the execution of hair, but, in terms of general shape and capturing the overall look, they're usually pretty good, but this one, I can't think of any moment where his hair looked like that.

Gotcha. It's not a totally screen accurate mullet. But I see what they were going for and I like the hair on the forehead. I'd like to see a straight-on pic.

Gotcha. It's not a totally screen accurate mullet. But I see what they were going for and I like the hair on the forehead. I'd like to see a straight-on pic.

Ya, the hair at the very top of his head looks fine, it just gets weired the further towards his shoulders it gets.

But none of that has real happened. Everyone has been pretty good sports so far.

EXACTLY so why even bring the bad stuff up i say!

I've actually been pretty impressed so far.(the likes of chavez woulda had these locked by now) They're toys i like this one and am getting it!!!!! Next topic.

Back