Medicom Anakin Skywalker ROTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Anakin ep3

Regardless of the sculptor, I think he looks great. Everything about it looks superior to the SS version, do wish it had vader eyes. Wonder if the final result will look like that

Bawww It Sucks It's A Total Waste Of Money!!! Bawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ok, now that I'eve gotten my joke poste out of the way, time for my real opinion.

For starters, I'd like to say that i want more pics before I make a finial decision.
But given what we'vge got, here's my initial take.
I love the Expression and the eyes, i see the character there without a question. Medi seems to have done a fantastic job on his jawline, I see Hayden, but once again, Medi seems to like to give people Gandalf noses. He suffers from super- schnazz. BUT, I think that's part of medi's thing. look at Luke, Indy, And Jango, they all also have big noses. so moving on .

the costume is Gorgious. It looks a littly pooy in the chesat area in that particular shot, but I'll wager it's nothing a little fitzing could not futz.

And do my eyes Decieve me? has medi moved away from the Light-Lollipops they've been giving their figures?! It seems from this limited angle that we're getting a much more streamlined down saber. if so, YES!!!!!!! if not, MEH, I've got several anakisns, i can give him one of theirs.

The one problem i can see here, is it looks like Medi dropped the soap on the hair, and pulled a sideshow luke jedi. it's WAAAAY too poofy, and makes his head appear far too big for his body. Way to loose points Medi, GG.

But, given all that, i'll wait and see how he looks as we get closer to his release. if, when he rolls out, he looks absolute AWESOME ( And I think he will) I'll still get one, Big head/poofy hair or no.

one thing more, the Epic fail on the hair isn't the medicom asthetic. it's... well.. I don't know what happened their. Look at young indy, he's got semi- wild partly-poofy hair, and he looks fantastic. Perhaps the sculpter was inebriated when it came to Anakin's mullet?

I thought it was the sculpt that's off but I think it's just the poofy hair that's making it look funny to me. The expression is about the same as SS's Anakin.

This is a must for me:cool:

20080621_af17803a8bdfab208cc5kJQoqy82xY3D.jpg

Looks kind of like Mick Jagger. As far as I'm concerned no company has made the definitive Hayden Christiansen Anakin yet. Hopefully SS will get it right with either the AOTC or CW version.

looks very cool. i think the flatter "on top" hair with more wings on the side would be right on. SS PF ani suffers the too high on top not enough on the sides as well. none the less,i will be getting these :)

I dont know that guy looks kinda goofy, Like others said the SS is not the best either and I don't think this one is really any better. The clothing might be but its not worth a huge price tag Medi go for.

And is it just me or is the belt closer to being a halter top then a belt?

easy pass. too much money for something that isn't much of an improvement. the sculpt looks great, but the nose looks like Mike Tyson just punched him. i don't really like the articulated right hand either.

Anatomy of a Medicom SW release:

1) Poor quality snapshot released of Medi SW figure
2) Board members who haven't been seen in ages crawl out of the woodwork praising said Medi figure
3) Said people noticing one aspect of the Medi figure that is better than Sideshow's.
4) Medi-loyalists declaring Medicom is the greatest and SS is trash
5) Medi-loyalists starting ridiculous topics like "How can Sideshow compete?"
6) SS loyalists getting defensive and complaining about Medicom's high price point.
7) War ensues with people dissin' other people's mamas

Rinse and Repeat. :banghead

so it's all medicom's fault and you acutally KNOW who hasnt been seen here for ages because you've been here for a whole 7 months! :rolleyes:

That is a nice repaint. There are still lots of good thing about the SS version that is nice. Just wish his tunic and pleather pieces were longer.

Who repainted that Anakin? :chew

That would be me. Other than the factory paint job and that annoying loose arm SS's Anakin is tops.

Medicom's clothing is nice and those boots are fantastic but that hair and the proportions make it look bad.

Last edited:

I love the look of this figure. (pushes mojo's against the negative Nelly's)

Great job man!

Thanks Deak.

Obviously I won't be getting Medi's Anakin but I really am looking forward to pics of some awesome poses that the rah body will allow. If only SS had started using the Prometheus body at the beginning of the SW line...sigh.:monkey2

Back