Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of people disliked McFarlane's figures but the nostalgia for Mattel is a bit rich given their mishandling of the license is what led to Todd getting it in the first place. They've been phoning it in for years.

He spent 3 mil on a baseball. Mad bastard. But as long as he pumps out more Call of Duty figures and gets the Witcher license who cares.

I'm not even sure what that means.

He spent a small fortune on a Mark McGwire baseball, and then a few years later McGwire admitted to having used steroids, which tarnished his legacy and suddenly made the ball far less valuable.

I know a lot of people disliked McFarlane's figures but the nostalgia for Mattel is a bit rich given their mishandling of the license is what led to Todd getting it in the first place. They've been phoning it in for years.

I somewhat agree. I definitely shared some frustration towards the end of the DCUC/Multiverse lines but for what they were - toy aisle mass produced figures-I actually still enjoy the collection that Mattel gave us. Particularly the early days the line was fun to collect, guessing the wave assortments and inclusions. We actually amassed a fair Dc Universe. Pretty sure nobody will match the variety that we got in one line ever again.

It ran its course and I missed it at first but cannot argue wit what I have on my shelf. It will always miss a few of my personal favorite characters that never made it into the line.

As for Todds line, I am willing to give him a chance. The sculpts have been good save for Batman and the 7" scale is impressive on the shelf. It could do with a little more momentum and a few reveals here and there to keep us interested. Some of the Toyfair reveals look nice and I am interested to see Todds handling of swamp thing and Solomon grundy should he choose to give this a shot.

2 separate lines that cannot be compared. I wouldn't ever part with my DCUC collection nor do I expect Todds line to rival it.

What sucks is that Mattel had just learned how to make good 6" Multiverse figures. Todd is still using the old practice of adding articulation to statues to this day, and when he doesn't the figures look like each piece was made individually with no regard to how the full figure looks. Wonder Woman is so lanky, even compared to Gadot.

The scale sucks too. They don't look good next to a single thing in my collection, and they barely look good next to each other since they made BTAS Harley the same height as BTAS Batman.

Todd will have to modernize how he's been making figures for years if he doesn't want this line to fail - and it seems like he's way too stubborn to judging by that interview with one of the designers for this line. The current lineup with the animated figures is already pegwarming here.

I just want a nice stream of affordable DC figures without having to pay $100 a piece for MAFEX, even though they look very much worth it - especially their new Hush stuff.

So mattel gets like 14 years to learn but mcfarlane toys needs to have perfected it in 5 months?

I?m also not sure what peg warming means in the middle of a global pandemic.

Seems like they are willing to make changes and are hearing people?s criticisms. Seems evident since toyfair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So mattel gets like 14 years to learn but mcfarlane toys needs to have perfected it in 5 months?

Mattel had at least made competent figures in the past, and they were slowly returning to form with the latest waves. Not great, but not mind-bogglingly bad. McFarlane has been making figures in roughly the same style for the past 20+ years, their new Kickstarter Spawn they're making millions from even has an awkward preposed torso.

I?m also not sure what peg warming means in the middle of a global pandemic.

They've been out since before the shutdown. I was able to go to multiple comic shops with a ton of the McFarlane DC figures, with only the Batman Who Laughs and Action Comics Superman selling, probably because they're the only good looking figures.

Seems like they are willing to make changes and are hearing people?s criticisms. Seems evident since toyfair

Some criticisms are being addressed, the leaked Dark Nights Metal wave looks better, but I doubt we'll see a complete overhaul of how they design figures. Todd is too much of an "artist" to cave to people who want modern articulation since he'd have to design figures around them instead of making a statue and adding some swivels. Plus they've said they aren't changing the scale, so that alone sucks.

Last edited:
Talk about hating...

What Todd McFarlane does with his balls should not concern anyone...

My balls are my balls and if my balls loose any money then that?s no ones else?s balls but mine...

As for the DC figures from McFarlane.... If you don?t like them don?t buy them... The only ones I passed on where the three animated ones...

Not that I don?t like them; but the formate is meant for that collectors style...

If I ever see those figures at a clearance price; they will be gobbled up by me and have a space on my shelves...

McFarlane is the wildcard in this industry of action figures...

Everytime McFarlane makes an announcement; everyone stops and listens... That?s a lot of power on the action figure world...

I?m a proud McFarlane toy collectors club member since 1996 and I will be till Todd closes shop...

My gold membership club card is still mint condition along side all of the classic figures...

So if your balls are on display and somebody else doesn?t care to see them; then you need to be happy that your balls only make you happy...

No matter how much you paid for them...

McGuire really did hit Todd?s balls and Todd use to show them to everyone on tours and during Conventions...

Todd really got Big Balls!!!

21CCE5F4-3219-4076-B761-486620700A0D.jpeg
56EA1B25-DFA6-4C68-87D1-42962F36ADA5.jpeg
CD4DD6D0-DDA1-4E2D-BDB4-1F667FAB9271.jpeg
0FD63908-A794-4156-BE62-FD50AA0BDEC5.jpeg
314E45FE-D35C-4CB4-A922-6E2FAC564013.jpeg

Yeah the dark knights metal stuff looks very good. Looking forward to seeing a production sample.

That?s exactly the kind of stuff mcfarlane toys should be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it seems that live action/realistic figures aren’t their strong suit.

These look good!
Yeah. These & the earlier leaked pics of these look cool to me. I’m really curious how big Devastator is going to be. He’s the same price as the rest. DC McFarlane figures are really hit & miss. I can’t hate too much on them, because of their price though. But I’m in on the Metal line. McFarlane is getting too much of my money this year.

The White Knight line looks like a hit for me as well.

I need to read the Metal & White Knight comics already :lecture

Not the biggest fan of the Arkham designs in general but I still think these McFarlane versions are a huge improvement over DC Directs offering and they're cheaper.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Just finished reading the first series for White Knight, thought that McF did a pretty solid job on translating Batman from the books to 3D

Back