Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loving batman. Gave him a new head from an old dc direct ethan van schiver batman figure.
864819dca7c9ab43867daa3572704d26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boy not too much love for this line . I’m starting to see wave 1 as a peg warmer at most big brand stores :dunno

Went to target online and saw that these are already marked down 20 percent.

I only have interest in the Action Comics Superman, that looks nothing like the source art oddly enough, but have passed on it twice now. Something about the sculpt makes it easy to live without. There were plenty of each wave 1 character here too.

Just watched a DC Daily interview with McFarland, he was saying that wave 1 was the tester line to see how it was received. He wants to do more detail and bigger releases with wave 2, one of which is at least one figure from the White Knight series.

My local comic shop had every single McFarlane DC figure so far, and I just had no desire to get any of them. I was excited for the Hellbat and Batman Who Laughs when they were first announced, but I really don't like how these figures are made and passed after holding him for a minute. They take weird liberties for figures that are supposed to be based on very specific comic appearances. I can't explain it, but they feel wrong in-hand. Classic Superman looks nice at least, but I doubt I'll be buying any more figures unless they get into classic DC Film stuff - maybe some of the future DCEU characters too.

They had the Arrowverse Green Arrow too, and his face deco looked so bland. It's a shame we're back to DC figures without the face printing, when we know darn well McFarlane can do it; Their figures of Jareth from The Labyrinth and Captain Kirk look dead-on.

Pic from ToyArk
McFarlane-Green-Arrow-06.jpg

Pic from ActionFigureBarbecue
IMG_4253.JPG

I miss real BAFs too. Mattel's final BAF Killer Croc looked awesome. I don't want to collect multiple figures so I can build a tiny Batmobile.

Just watched a DC Daily interview with McFarland, he was saying that wave 1 was the tester line to see how it was received. He wants to do more detail and bigger releases with wave 2, one of which is at least one figure from the White Knight series.

They'll increase the scale again. :lol

Last edited:
I bought the armored Batman & Superman... The regular Batman & Superman... NightWing, Batgirl and the Batman that Laughs also...

I just didn?t like the toon versions...

Here?s were DC missed the boat...

I and many others expected a Todd McFarlane Batman and DC Universe... DC called all the shots on the production of the figures; not Todd in his style...

That?s were our expectations were aiming for and we got let down...

Let?s let these two companies know we?re we stand on this figure license...

Make Todd style figures!!!

Todd?s style for DC wasn?t my favorite especially the women . Jim Lee killed it.

I thought Mcfarlane?s style suited Marvel characters better

So I can understand how DC didn?t want him to have fulll control of the product line

6521267D-BF2A-43D6-A341-9138A8FD5DF0.jpeg
[/URL]

So I can understand how DC didn?t want him to have fulll control of the product line

That "S" emblem looks very close to the figure and is not like the image shown on the card, Jim's art, which it's supposed to be based on (or so I thought).

Picked up Batgirl yesterday. I think she is the best of the bunch. First figure with her current costume, and the smirk is great. Just a much better face than Nightwing which just looks so generic.

84712950-229512718047990-8334773681616060416-n.jpg

Picked up the Batman Who Laughs today at a local GameStop. This was the only figure I wanted from this wave, as I dont collect much outside 1/6 scale these days. Im really digging this figure, and I love the Metal + TBWL comics. Took a few quick pics:

db1371fc8cf86c848e7feec220cc812c.jpg
e87d48031c8910757a829e827c3e1713.jpg
37de8dffe0385c8bcfb33a67fac18306.jpg
64f7fd8071cf7b4ec67c9b3f1c05a92b.jpg
643810f770dbbff449d126c4e33fcb5f.jpg
8db8de16b5f82e44209baff05674e159.jpg
686d54bd455283b64cee99b1f03ecfd4.jpg
109ad1883c22c3bb707346f2edbeee3d.jpg
2c9eebb8308dcf28221938813c0a447c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's his head/neck articulation? It looks like it would be limited by the collar.

How's his head/neck articulation? It looks like it would be limited by the collar.

It?s limited with turning to the sides, but it has good range of motion forward and back

Guyver: lol, so true.. couldn?t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I've bought 'Tec 1000 Batman, Batman Who Laughs, Nightwing, Batgirl, Harley, and BTAS Batman. Love them all, with BTAS Batman being the weak link. He has a rough time standing, and he was already lower on my totem pole for wearing the wrong belt.

These figures have been really fun to play with, and I plan to keep them on my desk for some time. Looking forward to finding the Bat-Raptor, Hellbat, and the blue/gray/yellow oval Batman variant.

Back