Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

MSRP is $19.99 to $24.99 USD

Hitting shelves in January

"The new DC Multiverse collector line features incredibly detailed 7-inch figures designed with an impressive 22 points of articulation. Each figure comes with a collectable card that has character-specific art and biography, multiple accessories, and a display base."

That Superman looks great. Very impressive detail for such a budget figure.

I think Superman looks the best. And pretty cool they included a flight stand. Curious to see how this looks in person and scales with Marvel Select figures. PO'd one from Dorkside as BBTS was already sold out. Cool this will be available in a couple weeks already.

Wanted to pick up that Neca ComicCon Superman (& Batman), but didn't want the Alien (or Predator) figure or the hassle to dump it on ebay. This looks almost as good. I only have a couple Superman figures. This will hopefully be a nice addition. And I hope McFarlane does a more traditional comic Batman (and maybe a Wonder Woman) I can add later. Don't like the look of that Detective Comics version. Not crazy about the costume and the head looks too small.

What I find interesting is that DC / McFarlane or both went with a more "traditional" action figure delineated design, versus what I would expect to see from McFarlane. I'm thinking of his Spawn / Hellraiser (or Barker line) and other series that, at the same price point, included way more detail and complex paint jobs. Batman who Laughs and Supes #1000 look great, Nightwing and Batgirl a real close second. These are going to be an easy bargain bin pick-up but not when they are released.

Also found it interesting that they went with the window box packaging versus clamshell, which would have been a bit cheaper to produce.

What I find interesting is that DC / McFarlane or both went with a more "traditional" action figure delineated design, versus what I would expect to see from McFarlane. I'm thinking of his Spawn / Hellraiser (or Barker line) and other series that, at the same price point, included way more detail and complex paint jobs. Batman who Laughs and Supes #1000 look great, Nightwing and Batgirl a real close second. These are going to be an easy bargain bin pick-up but not when they are released.

Also found it interesting that they went with the window box packaging versus clamshell, which would have been a bit cheaper to produce.

Clam shells are not cheaper. There's a reason why almost no company are using clam shells these days.

Those hybrid show "artistic interpretations" McFarlane took, similar to Sideshow Collectibles' recent DC animated series statues just won't please anyone who was hoping for on-model realizations of the individual shows these character were on. Why even reinterpret an artwork that people want an accurate, articulated copy of? Really disappointed in these- was expecting this company to go all-out accurate. Makes me appreciate DC Collectibles's efforts more and more. Only thing McFarlane seemingly got down better is Batman's angular jawline, which DC Collectibles made too rounded. And those stupid visible circles are back, too. DC Collectibles managed to hide them on their reissues five years ago, so why can't another company be bothered to do so as well now? Then again, you might ask the same of the former company on the Gray Ghost wave.

Those hybrid show "artistic interpretations" McFarlane took, similar to Sideshow Collectibles' recent DC animated series statues just won't please anyone who was hoping for on-model realizations of the individual shows these character were on. Why even reinterpret an artwork that people want an accurate, articulated copy of? Really disappointed in these- was expecting this company to go all-out accurate. Makes me appreciate DC Collectibles's efforts more and more. Only thing McFarlane seemingly got down better is Batman's angular jawline, which DC Collectibles made too rounded. And those stupid visible circles are back, too. DC Collectibles managed to hide them on their reissues five years ago, so why can't another company be bothered to do so as well now? Then again, you might ask the same of the former company on the Gray Ghost wave.

What do you mean by the visible circles? I think the animated figures are really growing on me, except Batman. My friend pointed out McFarlane sculpted the wrong belt. But I think they are balancing the sculpt and articulation better. THe DC Collectible may look more authentic to the Bruce Timm designs and the joints are more hidden but rather limited.
I think people will change opinion when they have the toys in hand. One thing I wish McF did was having an open palm for Superman. As you can see in the collectible card, Superman's in a flight pose with one hand with an open palm. The figure comes with 2 fists and a pair of gripping hands.

I bought everything except the tv arrow. I want to support his determination. Going all out on the first day of the turn over with not only through a variety of themes but the amount of figures are very admirable. He's not being cautious like Hasbro with their rangers line, grabbing a figure from each group per wave. He's charging ahead with no holds barred and I LIKE it!!

Back