Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I’m not liking these at all. It’s a shame to have these thrown on us just as soon as Mattel finally figured out how to make decent action figures. Alfred, Gotham by Gaslight Batman, and Katana looked cool.

Those animated figures are a huge eyesore especially. Batman looks like they were making a TNBA figure then decided to change it into a BTAS figure at the last minute.

attachment.php

I’ll stick with DCC and MAFEX for basic DC figures. I do hope we’re able to get some characters we’ve never gotten before, but between the clashing scale, janky tooling and awkward McFarlane articulation, I can’t see myself collecting this line outside of movie stuff that rarely gets made.

I’ll get the DC #1000 Batman and AC #1000 Supes to see how the figures feel in-hand though, those look like the best of the bunch.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Todd and his staff. These are embarrassing. They can't possibly look at these and be proud of themselves.

If there's one thing Todd has always been good at, it's surrounding himself with yes men. He has the biggest ego in comics and toys and probably thinks these are his Sistine Chapel.

McFarlane does things his way. Whether others agree or not. He definitely has a rather large ego. He still thinks Spawn is this huge global phenomenon like it was in the 90's. :lol

I'm sure his goal was to offer something different to the many many DC figures made over the years. And there have been lots of Animated Batman figures in recent years to choose from. I have the same problem with those I'm sure as most do. The pin legs. From the waist up the Animated Bats looks pretty good. But those legs....

While they may not be for everyone, Kudos to McFarlane toys for doing something different. Like I said in a previous post, the only figure I'm interested in out of this intital wave of figures is the Action Comics #1000 Superman. Hopefully we get to see what's in the pipe line and the next wave at Toy Fair next month. And also nice to be shown something I can actually own in mere weeks, rather than many months, or even years (Hot Toys...) Surprised there aren't any YouTube reviews as they seem to be ready for distribution to dealers from McFarlane Toys, as nearly every online site has an estimated January arrival date.

I didn't realize before but these are all 7", so they don't go with like anything else besides NECA.

Ok, but in terms of other lines, Mafex, Mezco, SHF, they're all 1/12 and close enough. If I'm mixing anything this entire line is literally useless for me.

Yep, even tho labeled ?Multiverse?, they won?t scale at all with any of Mattel?s line. Real bummer for me Atleast... I?m still not over the icons getting the boot. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, even tho labeled ?Multiverse?, they won?t scale at all with any of Mattel?s line. Real bummer for me Atleast... I?m still not over the icons getting the boot. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The McF figures are based on a universe in which everyone is a half ft. taller!

McFarlane posted a video of all these in hand on his Facebook. They look much better in person, particularly Batman, and the animated ones don?t look quite so gigantic.

No matter what people say about him, you gotta admire his enthusiasm. He?s clearly really into this and seems like he?s having fun with it.

He's a salesman. He's into getting your money. He gets licences and makes one wave. DC will get more but he has dropped the ball most of his career.

I saw some of this at my local target, I bought superman and animated green lantern only since I already had all of them on pre-order. I definitely think of them as a good buy. The green Lantern - this is what I was hoping when DC announced their line. I was so disappointed with the limitation of those figures to save the aesthetic. I ended up buying only joker - unopened and batman dusting away in a corner and the JL set (also unopened because what's the point of taking them out).

But these McF figures...has weight. The plastic and weight reminds of the old 10 inch maquettes that dc sold a few years ago. The body is solid and heavy. It has attitude, whether from the head sculpt or being able to articulately pose the body mid-section and waist or the towering height; I don't know but it will stand out of your collection. Those ankle ball joints are ugly and breaks the sculpt but boy it adds more than it takes. I don't know if it will loosen up in time but the tightness of that ankle gives it perfect stability when combine with the stand. I love this stand - thin and unobtrusive but perfectly wide to provide the balance this figure desperately needs. Some of the joints are soft ratcheted. I love the constructs but I wish he came with a lantern.

The Superman, I have him standing with the dc essentials Superman. That emblem just draws you in. I love it. That wide chest makes the essential one looks thin. The proportions are way better than the essential, in fact, it accentuated the essentials' misproportion of thigh to chest. I almost wish the McF figure had the essential thigh sculpt but the more I look at the McF figure, The more I like the simpler thigh design, it just elevates your eyes to that chest. I wish it consistently put a double joint on the elbow and I wish they can and will adopt the Legends ankle design.

Definitely a buy and a great start. And if he sticks true to his plans and what he said in JayC's interview, I am looking forward for McF to hold this line for the next 15 years.

Yeah, I?m not liking these at all. It?s a shame to have these thrown on us just as soon as Mattel finally figured out how to make decent action figures. Alfred, Gotham by Gaslight Batman, and Katana looked cool.

Those animated figures are a huge eyesore especially. Batman looks like they were making a TNBA figure then decided to change it into a BTAS figure at the last minute.

attachment.php

I?ll stick with DCC and MAFEX for basic DC figures. I do hope we?re able to get some characters we?ve never gotten before, but between the clashing scale, janky tooling and awkward McFarlane articulation, I can?t see myself collecting this line outside of movie stuff that rarely gets made.

I?ll get the DC #1000 Batman and AC #1000 Supes to see how the figures feel in-hand though, those look like the best of the bunch.

I'm kind of with you! I'm not liking what I see - nothing dazzling enough for me to buy in considering all of the figure I already have over the years. Batgirl seems the most impressive from a design standpoint, yet I'm not much of a fan of that character. I will keep watching and see what else comes along.

Messing around with the articulation.

stu.jpg

Ready for action.

stu2.jpg

Out with the Old

sup.jpg

Kryptonite again Bruce? Really?

sup2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm really loving supes and nightwing from this series. I haven't seen any in person yet, but these in hand photos are getting me excited. Maybe my LCS has some. I want to see how Arrow looks in person too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I?m going back and forth with these. The Batman/Superman offerings have me tempted. Mostly worried about not getting them and then having to pay for it later if I jump in. I might get BWL just because it?s the first time I believe it?s been a figure and possibly the animated Batman but still hesitant.

Back