McFarlane Annonced a new Statue in 1/4 Size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are details on one of the gauntlets. The entire statue is covered in this level of detail.
detail.jpg

Awesome job! The amount of detail is incredible. Do you still do any sculpting for McFarlane, or are you strictly Arh now?

I'm limited concerning what I can post because McFarlane is really strict about leaking photos until the piece is actually up for sale. sorry.

So sad this is 1/6th. I would love a 1/4th Spawn & Violator! Then there's about 4 other Spawns I would want.

Don't think of it as a sad thing. It is a step in the right direction for Spawn to make a comeback. If it becomes as popular as we all remember, there is no telling what we will see
Cheers😀

If they'd make a movie that was as bad-ass as the cartoon I think it'd get a nice little boost in popularity--as long as it didn't include the Spawncycle it would be a vast improvement.

I really feel like I left that company at the right time. I can't see their need for sculptors growing much with all the knock off lego crap they are making now... :(

Yeah Spawn has really fallen off people's radar over the years

Well, when something is hugely popular because of the name of the man working on it and then he takes less and less of an interest in his own creation I can't blame the fans for moving away from it. Besides, the storyline as a whole really jumped the shark when Baby God and Baby Devil were revealed in the Armageddon arc and it never really recovered from there.

I really feel like I left that company at the right time. I can't see their need for sculptors growing much with all the knock off lego crap they are making now... :(

Yeah, I only wish we could have gotten some of the classic characters sculpted by you ehren.
Would have loved to seen an overtkill or violator. Would you happen to have a link to some of your McFarlane work over the years?
Thanks and take care.

The one I did that everyone seems to dig is the Ashley Wood Nightmare Spawn from the 'Other Worlds' Line. And I did the 20th Anniversary rooftop Spawn. There were a few others tossed in there but those were highlights for me. A lot of people don't realize that the sports figures were really our mainstay for a loooong time. For every monster or comic dude you sculpted, you'd end up sculpting like 3-4 sports figures. you can check out a lot of my work on instagram @ehren.bienert I just started posting stuff but there is a ton of stuff I'm gonna put up there over the next several months. THanks

Yeah Spawn has really fallen off people's radar over the years

You'd be lucky to get cover price.

I went through a box of old comics and have issues 1 - 10 (2 sets), original run, mint. My local shop had no interest and refered to that time as there era of dead trees they printed so many. Max, Hellshock....all the image stuff. I keep it for nostalgia and the art's always fun to look at.

Spawn ended for me when 5" Halo figures replaced all of the other lines.
Plastic Figure collecting era ended when McFarlane closed the Spawn.com boards.
Sold all my stuff and never look back.
Actually...Did keep 3 - The mentioned Nightmare Spawn, Skullsplitter, and Bloodaxe on Thunderhoof boxed set.

Back