McFarlane Annonced a new Statue in 1/4 Size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spawn ended for me when 5" Halo figures replaced all of the other lines.
Plastic Figure collecting era ended when McFarlane closed the Spawn.com boards.
Sold all my stuff and never look back.
Actually...Did keep 3 - The mentioned Nightmare Spawn, Skullsplitter, and Bloodaxe on Thunderhoof boxed set.

I totally agree. Did the same as you but I only kept Series 20. Love that they are based of the comic art and not some crazy random stuff.

I don't say this often, but I'm freaking proud of this statue. It was the last sculpt I did for Todd and co. I feel like I went out with a bang. These pics are from SDCC. And just to clarify again - it is 1/6 scale. Swap out head and weapons...
sdcc2015_mcfarlane_38.jpg
sdcc2015_mcfarlane_391.jpg

Sooo good. This is what started my collecting hobby.

I don't say this often, but I'm freaking proud of this statue. It was the last sculpt I did for Todd and co. I feel like I went out with a bang. These pics are from SDCC. And just to clarify again - it is 1/6 scale. Swap out head and weapons...

View attachment 196644

The green eyed version reminds me of Eddie from Iron Maiden. BTW, I love Spawn and Iron Maiden.
Iron_Maiden_032_1.jpg

So scale represents " high end " ? Give me a break.

Funny actually, I understand why 1/4 scale statues have become the standard. I spent the last year I was at McFarlane begging them to step into the 1/4 scale arena. Todd doesn't believe you can sell resin statues of any kind. His forays into this arena have been half hearted. He wants to make all his money selling crappy little articulated figures and knock off legos because Walmart and Target are his favorite vendors. Oh well.

Funny actually, I understand why 1/4 scale statues have become the standard. I spent the last year I was at McFarlane begging them to step into the 1/4 scale arena. Todd doesn't believe you can sell resin statues of any kind. His forays into this arena have been half hearted. He wants to make all his money selling crappy little articulated figures and knock off legos because Walmart and Target are his favorite vendors. Oh well.
Well that does put it in perspective. Personally I buy what I want 1/6 and up. So 1/6 doesn't bother me. This is a masterpiece regardless.

At least you're at a company that cares more about their product now. You're not the only talented artist to leave McFarlane out of frustration. There's a member here, Tankman aka Kyle Windrix who used to sculpt for McFarlane that now works at NECA.

This Spawn statue looks amazing.

At least you're at a company that cares more about their product now. You're not the only talented artist to leave McFarlane out of frustration. There's a member here, Tankman aka Kyle Windrix who used to sculpt for McFarlane that now works at NECA.

This Spawn statue looks amazing.
Yeah I have quite a few friends that are with NECA now. We all share the same frustrated feelings toward McFarlane. My opportunity to work with ARH has been good. They are giving me the chance to help them level up. It's been mutually beneficial for sure.

Does anyone know when this will be up for
pre-order? Also, McFarlane needs to stop false advertising.... Every pic of the 20th anniversary Spawn statue shows Todd's full name signature in Red including the statue box, but when you open it theres is a lazy T. McFarlane in White... It really makes me mad that even the statue box diaplays Todd McFarlane in Red looking much better and then gives long time fans this Lazy white Sig... That is very misleading and McFarlane needs to sign his full name the way they advertise or dont sign it at all.. The gold plate they use is crap as well... They mostly always come with flaws on the gold plate and you are better off Signing a separate plaque to include with the statue versus having it on the statue together.. It would be nicer to display the signature next to the statue or have the choice not to when he signs like crap. I can sign his name better then he can and make it look like his full Sig.. I am pissed it came in white and want to erase it with alcohol. Next time I am not buying the signature series because Todd doesnt truly care about his fans. The sculpt on Medievil Spawn is amazing and I would like to know if anyone has info on a pre order date? Thanks & take care. Great Job Ehren!!!

Last edited:
Back