Mcfarlane head repaint? vs custom repaint?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave.where.to.begin

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello there, I am looking for anyone that help guide me here. I'm not sure I'm asking the right questions. I am, still learning.
I feel like this might be a multiple scenario question.
I have a McFarlane figure figure but I dont like the head sculpt. When looking for options for new head.
Is it better for a simple re-sculpt or re-paint or would I need to have a new head made and then re-painted?
Thanks

Hello there, I am looking for anyone that help guide me here. I'm not sure I'm asking the right questions. I am, still learning.
I feel like this might be a multiple scenario question.
I have a McFarlane figure figure but I dont like the head sculpt. When looking for options for new head.
Is it better for a simple re-sculpt or re-paint or would I need to have a new head made and then re-painted?
Thanks
Are you asking about the Dread Pirate Roberts figure? It’s a 1/12 scale McFarlane commercially sold figure. The sculpt is not going to be that great. Even if you strip the paint the underlying sculpt probably won’t be that good. There are sculptors now who deal with 1/12 scale but I don’t remember any Princess Bride sculpts. A custom one if there is such a thing may run you some money. If you have the money and you can find one there was a nice 1/6 scaled one made.

As far as making your own stuff. Do you have artistic ability? If so give it a shot. If not I wouldn’t even consider it.

Back