Mattel DC Classic Movieverse 4" line shown at NYCC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw these and they look terrible, especially Batman. His chest logo is different on each figure; it's all over the place. It's a real soft sculpt too.

Was "Super surprised" to find Superman this morning at a local supermarket! Had no idea these were out yet, just found Keaton Batman only a week or two ago. They had about 5 or 6 of him, the paint apps were somewhat iffy on most...I picked the best of the bunch. They also had the Penguin, Catwoman, Zod, and both masked and unmasked Batman. I was tempted to get Catwoman, but the two they had looked a little off...may check another location or go back tomorrow and pick her up though.

Was "Super surprised" to find Superman this morning at a local supermarket! Had no idea these were out yet, just found Keaton Batman only a week or two ago. They had about 5 or 6 of him, the paint apps were somewhat iffy on most...I picked the best of the bunch. They also had the Penguin, Catwoman, Zod, and both masked and unmasked Batman. I was tempted to get Catwoman, but the two they had looked a little off...may check another location or go back tomorrow and pick her up though.

The packaging looks better than the figure.

I think he looks great for the price. I support the cause and will probably get him when I find one with good paint apps.

Nice review. Good idea with the business suited Bruce utilizing the Destro figure.

I had to pass on Unmasked Batman when I saw it in stores. I like the card and Keaton portrait on the side when it's MOC, but the actual product itself leaves a lot to be desired (especially after the Penguin's fantastic likeness). The only ones I've picked up are the regular Batman and of course, the Penguin.

Doesn't look like I'll be buying Catwoman either. She looks like the playdoh version from 1992.

Screenshot2014-07-08at105648AM.png

bats_zps96c2a8df.jpg

i read on the fwoosh boards that target had reduced these figures to $6.99 and that guys there were using this pic to get stores to price match ,thought i post it here ,$7 has got to be a great price for these ,anyway hope this helps out ,im in the uk so sadly i cant find out for myself ,incidently if anyone gets a spare supes or bats id be happy to buy them:yes: lmk paypal waiting cheers chris

Probably no Joker since they would need the Nicholson license. The original headsculpt on Catwoman looked so much better, this just looks so off.

I didn't even know there were Superman Movie figures from this line. I haven't seen these anywhere yet but I need that Zod.

I wanted to display the 1/18 Burtonmobile, but the space in the detolf was just too empty with it by itself. So I reluctantly ordered the Keaton Batman to display with it. I couldn't stand that neck and found it funny that Neca could have saved some tooling budget by not having it articulated. And it would have been movie accurate. Anyway, I glued the joint and sculpted over the gap, to try and give it the thickness in the movie. I was much more happy with it after even though I still have to work on the ears some more. Also dremeled his lat a bit so his arm could rest closer to his side.

20141008_173504_zpse87885a2.jpg

20141008_173531_zps4bd2df35.jpg

Had a little fun doing this, so I might order another one to mod it into a Returns suit. One thing that bums me out is it doesn't have the Keaton mouth, when Kenner was able to pull it off back in 19 friggin 90. Hell, they even did an awesome job later with Kilmer and Clooney figures. But I'm sure that's been mentioned here before lol

I got Zod but haven't picked up Reeve yet. These aren't bad figures for the scale. Plus, anything made from the original Superman movies is a good thing.

Back