Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the attention this film is getting its like you all want it to win best picture.

Cap attaching his shield in the new AEG trailer =

2ss2ag.jpg

lol

All of the attention this film is getting its like you all want it to win best picture.

Not surprising since haters are generally so caught up in voicing their disgust that they lose sight of the fact that all their whining does is add fuel to the fire.

Does anyone actually hate Black Panther though? It was definitely above average it just wasn't particularly exemplary or groundbreaking.

Oh it has its haters (for certain reasons).
But I agree, it’s good, but no more deserving than say Winter Soldier or Guardians, or Infinity War for the matter.

It's definitely in the "better half" of MCU movies, and it was refreshing to have another standalone superhero movie with minimal references to an extended universe.

My favorite MCU movie is prolly IM1, GotG, or Infinity War.

Does anyone actually hate Black Panther though? It was definitely above average it just wasn't particularly exemplary or groundbreaking.

I don't hate any MCU film. And worst I'm ''ehhh, was alright''. I'm just annoyed that Black Panther's Best Picture nomination rings hollow as a recognition of comic-book films when there have been so many objectively superior examples over the years and Infinity War in the past year alone.

Make the cast majority black people. Done, here's your nomination. First and probably last time you're getting this, be happy.

I don't hate any MCU film. And worst I'm ''ehhh, was alright''. I'm just annoyed that Black Panther's Best Picture nomination rings hollow as a recognition of comic-book films when there have been so many objectively superior examples over the years and Infinity War in the past year alone.

Make the cast majority black people. Done, here's your nomination. First and probably last time you're getting this, be happy.

Uh oh. The Black People

As great of a movie it is, it does not deserve Best Picture. That should have gone to Winter Soldier.

They've always ignored superhero movies ...no matter how good they were. Winter Soldier was one of them.

Unfortunately, Winter Soldier's time to win the award has passed. So now they can only recognize Black Panther.

Thor vs. Loki at the Bifrost Bridge and Patrick Doyle's soundtrack > rest of MCU

Deal.with.it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah I liked the soundtrack. Why didn't they keep using that theme for Thor? It did make a brief return at the end of Ragnarok but that was it.

I wouldn't even say that TWS was worthy of a Best Picture nom. BB, TDK, and *maybe* Logan (depending on how forgiving you want to be of the final forest foot race) but nothing so far from the MCU IMO. Certainly not BP which isn't even a Top 5 MCU film.

Back