Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Strange and BP are pretty much equal but I also might go with Strange being slightly better.

I'm going with DS because that film is actually an origin story and has better visuals. I'll take the Mystic Arts stuff over the overabundance of techno stuff in BP.

Boy would SNIKT be mad if he were still here. :lol

I didn't like Black Panther on my first watch, I hoped it was like a few of the past MCU films that grew on me(Thor, First Cap film, even Iron Man 3) so I watched it again for my birthday since my brother hadn't seen it before and man, it got worse for me.

The director couldn't film a fight scene for crap, the writing was amateur as f, Black Panther was the best part from Civil War for me(another film I disliked) I think the character deserved better than this.
I admittedly feel frustrated after all the praise it got, haha.

Andy Serkis was the only enjoyable part for me, I would love to see him in the Batman film.

The fact that T'Challa is the least memorable and least interesting character in his own movie says it all.

Mother who's son died in Sokovia from "Civil War" = Black Mariah in "Luke Cage"

Computer nerd in TIH = Mr. Harrington in SMH

"The Avengers" post cred Thanos = Crossbones' merc in Civil War

Big bully in "All Hail The King" = Melvin Potter in DD

Odin's father in TTDW = Irish mobster boss DD

Woman who wants Steve Rogers' autograph in TFA = Star Lord's mom

One of two cops Steve talks to in "The Avengers" = Daniel Sousa in "Agent Carter"

. . .

And the list goes on.

...Black Panther was the best part from Civil War for me(another film I disliked)...

The amount of love for Civil War truly amazes me when it was just another hot mess like AoU IMO. But I agree that Black Panther was the best part of that film by far.

I only love that movie cuase it gave us spiderman. Only reason. Had it not been for that then it would of been more of Civil war in name only then it already was.

I like Holland in the role and really liked Homecoming, but his presence in CW felt like a forced marketing gimmick to me. Biggest WTF moment of CW is that Tony's whole motivation for wanting the Avengers put in check was that kid who died during the Sokovia battle (or whatever) and what does he do? He recruits a kid around the same age to fight against...

1. A super soldier
2. A guy with a powerful metal arm
3. A guy who can shrink and grow
4. An expert archer
5. A woman who can move things with her mind

- all people who probably could have killed Spider-Man in the blink of an eye.

The fact that T'Challa is the least memorable and least interesting character in his own movie says it all.

Wrong! He was one of the most memorable in his own movie. On another note. Heath Ledgers Joker was a more memorable character in Batmans own movie

The amount of love for Civil War truly amazes me when it was just another hot mess like AoU IMO. But I agree that Black Panther was the best part of that film by far.

Civil War was a Sexy Hot Movie. The Hot mess you speak of was Justice League.

I like Holland in the role and really liked Homecoming, but his presence in CW felt like a forced marketing gimmick to me. Biggest WTF moment of CW is that Tony's whole motivation for wanting the Avengers put in check was that kid who died during the Sokovia battle (or whatever) and what does he do? He recruits a kid around the same age to fight against...

1. A super soldier
2. A guy with a powerful metal arm
3. A guy who can shrink and grow
4. An expert archer
5. A woman who can move things with her mind

- all people who probably could have killed Spider-Man in the blink of an eye.

Well, tho, and I find it kinda touching - deep down seemed like Tony was trying for non-lethal methods "web 'em up" and he would have know SW hadn't reached her full powers yet. I didn't mind Spiderman getting recruited as I took it as they were still all friends for the most part - mad at each other, but friends. Tony's practically begging Steve. Tensile strength of the webbing and all...it's a good idea re the fugitives. If Team Cap had been webbed up hard to justify T'Challa just killing Bucky so it would have bought time. Also bringing in someone more or less non-threatening kept things from escalating. It's kind of brilliant on Tony's part.

Too bad it didn't work out that way.

But jye and Khev said it didn't have good action and fight scenes so those awards don't count. :chase

The two of them will always have the tedious WWE Raw finale of Crapton Amehrica: Civil Bore and the weightless, drama-less, consequence-less finale of Twhore: Wrecknarok anyway. ;) :monkey3

In the beginning of the film, the story teller (Who I think is N'Jobu) says a meteor of Vibranium strikes Earth, so, could there be more Vibranium out there in space?

Back