Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picking 2 absolute stand-out Marvel films is easy for me: Iron Man and Guardians Of The Galaxy. After that it gets difficult to sort out whether I like the film itself, or if it's due to action set-pieces or pay-offs from over a decade of interconnected films.

I know that much like GOTG, the humour in Ant-Man jumped out at me as refreshing and fun -- I swear Michael Pena put that movie in his pocket and walked away with it. But I haven't re-watched it in a while.

I'm a long-time Spidey fan and thought Homecoming was a lot of fun, I could watch Spidey web-swing through NYC all day. I don't know. It's like this with a lot of genre films for me, I love aspects of them and ignore any weakness in writing or plot.

Although out of the 22-24 films the MCU has made, its the same 6-8 movies that seem to surface again and again.

So somewhere there's another 16 or so movies that we don't talk much about. Putting them all in an order would be challenging.

Putting them all in an order would be challenging.

It is for me, and the hardest to rank are part of the "middle tier". I know what my top 8 or so are (though they move around a bit within that 8), and I know what my bottom 5 are (ditto), but it's the middle that's really hard to rank, seeing that they're all pretty much on a similar level.

Mid-tier stuff for me is probably the Ant-Man movies, the first two Thors, Age of Ultron and Doctor Strange.

Although out of the 22-24 films the MCU has made, its the same 6-8 movies that seem to surface again and again.

So somewhere there's another 16 or so movies that we don't talk much about. Putting them all in an order would be challenging.

Bah! No problem for me :lol

The Best of the Best

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America: Civil War (this could have gone to IW)
3. Avengers: Infinity War
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Great

5. The Incredible Hulk
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Iron Man
8. Captain America: The First Avenger
9. Ant-Man

The Very Good

10. Avengers: Endgame (This film could go way down or up a few spots with more viewings)
11. Blake Panther
12. Spider-man: Homecoming
13. Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
14. Thor

The OK
15. Ant-Man and the Wasp
16. Thor: Ragnarok

The pretty Bad but still not awful

17. Captain Marvel
18. Iron Man 3
19. Dr. Strange
20. Iron Man 2
21. Thor: The Dark World

Awful.

22. Avengers: Age of Ultron

This is my revised list after seeing EG three times.

The Avengers
Thor
Iron Man
First Avenger
Endgame
Infinity War
Winter Soldier
Guardians
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 3
Homecoming
Ant-Man
Iron Man 2
Civil War
Captain Marvel
Guardians 2
Age of Ultron
Dark World
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Ragnarok

This is without having re-watched some of these in a long time, instinctive ranking based on what I remember -- just went ahead and ranked 'em but could easily change.

*Note that I'm not a big Captain America fan, and don't love the way Thor/Asgardians are handled in the MCU.

Iron Man
The Avengers
Guardians
Endgame
Infinity War
Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Homecoming
Civil War
Ragnarok
Black Panther
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
First Avenger
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Thor
Iron Man 3
Guardians 2
Age of Ultron
Captain Marvel
Dark World

I might as well add my ranking here.

Great:
1.Avengers: Infinity War
2.Avengers: Endgame
3.Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4.Avengers
5.Guardians of the Galaxy
6.Doctor Strange
7.Thor: Ragnarok
8.Captain America: Civil War
9.Iron Man

Good:
10.Avengers: Age of Ultron
11.Thor
12.Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2

Average:
13.Captain America: The First Avenger
14.Spider-Man: Homecoming
15.Black Panther
16.Thor: The Dark World
17.The Incredible Hulk

The Worse:
18.Ant-Man
19.Iron Man 2
20.Iron Man 3
21.Ant-Man and the Wasp

Have not seen:
Captain Marvel

Marvel TV.
Great:
Daredevil S.1
Daredevil S.2
Punisher S.1

Good:
Luke Cage S.1
Punisher S.2

Poor:
Jessica Jones S.1
Agent Carter

Absolute Horse Sh--:
Agents of SHIELD S. 1-4 (Stopped Watching)
Inhumans Ep. 1 (Stopped Watching)

Watching Jessica Jones S.2 at the moment, not much improvement, I might skip JJ. S.3 and just watch the final Daredevil season to finish off Marvel TV.

Have not seen:
Luke Cage S.2
Iron Fist S.1 & 2
Defenders
Daredevil S.3
JJ. S.2 & 3

I couldn't sit through S3. I got a handful of episodes in, then skipped ahead to the final 3. Swing and a miss on the writing and characters.
I think the Problem with JJ is the character it's self, she's so damn negative that I hate her. Terrible version of a PI.
I enjoyed parts of AoS season 1 for what it was, but absolutely loathed the second season so much that I never saw another episode.

You're smarter than me, I gave it up to Agent Coulson in space before I bailed.
They ruined a perfect opportunity to reboot the show with John Garrett played by the amazing Bill Paxton as stand in for Nick Fury. They turned him into a sh--y villain and killed him off with a stupid joke.

I think the Problem with JJ is the character it's self, she's so damn negative that I hate her. Terrible version of a PI.

Was just discussing this with my girlfriend. After 3 seasons JJ is still a raging alcoholic, self-indulgent and belligerent to everyone around her for no good reason. Every now and then she says 'sorry' or does something heroic in spite of herself, but she has the emotional development of a 15-year old at best.

The problem extends to all of the other characters. The writers are trying for complexity, nuance, conflict and gritty realism. The result is an over-compensation that leaves us with not one likable character on the entire show.

I can go out and meet total a******s in real life, why commit hours to a show full of them? They're not characters I love to hate, I just hate them.

Between that and the glacial pacing, predictable cookie-cutter villain and clichéd musical score, Season 3 is about as bad as Iron Fist. And that's saying something.

Can you imagine a loser like her meeting up with Black Panther or another genuine superhero? Speaking of which, the idiots on the show keep throwing that word around like they know what it means. :slap

End rant. I won't even get into the debacle that was Trish Walker. :rotfl

And that's it... bailed on Jessica Jones S. 2 episode 4 last night. I could tell what path this is leading down, not for me.
Now to give Iron Fist a chance.

Back