Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL: Marvel Studios Spider-Man

Wowza. This is crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Spider Man is going to be that central to Civil War, it sounds like Marvel is not going to be doing the whole "reveal your secret identity" element from the comics. It will possibly be some sort of all heroes must sign up with the government or riff on the PATROT ACT with superheroes.

That said, if the deal was just made, how far along was the Cap 3 script before they knew they could use Spider Man at all?

Now to make a Spider-Gwen movie!

Hell yes the king is ****ing back. Bow down bitches !!!!!

I don't think Spider Man is going to be that central to Civil War, it sounds like Marvel is not going to be doing the whole "reveal your secret identity" element from the comics. It will possibly be some sort of all heroes must sign up with the government or riff on the PATROT ACT with superheroes.

That said, if the deal was just made, how far along was the Cap 3 script before they knew they could use Spider Man at all?

Now to make a Spider-Gwen movie!

Having Spidey show his secret identity in Civil War would be a bad move IMO and put SONY in a corner from there on out story wise.

Variety said he's gone

votqJEW.jpg

All I care about is that Ari Avrad is not in the picture, at least initaially. This is a win win for both Sony and Marvel.

Hope they at least do villains not yet done. Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, Vulture, Chameleon. There's so many to do before retreading previous ones.

Then again. Marvel suck at villains so :(

Having Spidey show his secret identity in Civil War would be a bad move IMO and put SONY in a corner from there on out story wise.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Folks here have been heavily speculating that he would be in the Civil War movie, but I think the general consensus is that his reveal was a terrible decision in the comics, and I personally hope they don't even consider that in the film. At which point, why involve him in that movie specifically? It isn't like dozens of other characters could just as effectively play the part of the guy who starts out following one side, then later realizes he made a terrible mistake and switches to the other side. But I don't really care so long as he's involved in these films in some capacity. Spidey and the FF do belong in the same "Universe" with the other Marvel characters. I agree that the X-Men are fine on their own, though. It fits the nature of the comic and the team, and those films are in very good hands right now with Singer at the helm.

I wonder if they will cast someone who looks older than Andrew Garfield (I didn't see ASM2... was he still in high school? :lol ) to visually match the age of the Avengers like Cap, Thor, Widow, etc.

I think Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good choice and he's certainly famous enough to create further interest. He did just turn down a DC role as well.

Yup, if they go late 20s early 30s Peter Parker then Gyllenhaal would be my number one choice based on looks and talent.

Hope they at least do villains not yet done. Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, Vulture, Chameleon. There's so many to do before retreading previous ones.

Then again. Marvel suck at villains so :(

it'd be fantastic if they bring in Norman Osborn into whatever replaces SHIELD. He'd work perfectly as one of the MCU Big Bads along with Thanos and Loki. And having him be an enormously important figure would also make him a more threatening villain for Spiderman, especially if Norman is reeeaaally good at keeping his Goblin persona hidden.

I too am sad about Garfield. He was a great Spidey. I'll agree that Peter Parker wasn't the best, but I'd say it topped Tobey.

Someone mentioned Gyllenhaal replacing Tobey, it was the other way around. Jake got the role and then he dropped it and said to offer it to Tobey or Leo.

I like the idea of Lerman, i think he'd be a great Parker, I don't know about Spidey.

Also what happens between Avengers and Civil War is 4 years. MS does at least follow that. So it's as simple as saying Parker gets his powers as a senior in high school and during Civil War, that'd put him as a senior in college or already graduated. He could still be doing his thing, I don't think anyone is busy with him. Stark, oh the government is saying I need to give them control and I suffer from PTSD, I should find this spider kid. Cap? Hydra has been behind everything and my old friend is a grade A ghost of an assassin, I should find a immature kid that shoots web. Thor? Yeah not even going to go there. Only people interested would be Fury and SHIELD which is broken up. All it would it take would be is Fury saying, listen, we've been following this kid from Queens. I think we could use him. That's it. No origin, no parents, no love story. He should be used more as a cameo in CW. Maybe for a battle or few, we don't need to have him open up about everything. we can then learn more at his solo film.

I might be the only one, but I hope they use several costumes. It'd be cool to at least see Tony offer the Iron Spider suit, if at any point Cap and IM are trying to persuade him to a specific cause.

Back