Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL: Marvel Studios Spider-Man

Such great news. Love the MCU, and this just makes it better. Now negotiate with FOX to get Hugh Jackman and it will perfect. :lol

I doubt Fox is willing to play ball just yet. They aren't hurting for cash like Sony was. Sony needed this deal. Fox doesn't. If it goes well and they don't have to lose their continuity, Fox may consider joining later, but I doubt it. Frankly, I'd rather the MCU acquire the FF from Fox rather than the X-Men.

Happy for the MCU, kinda bummed about losing Garfield as Spidey. Here's hoping they learned what worked in ASM2 (everything with Garfield in the suit IMO) and run with it.

I doubt Fox is willing to play ball just yet. They aren't hurting for cash like Sony was. Sony needed this deal. Fox doesn't. If it goes well and they don't have to lose their continuity, Fox may consider joining later, but I doubt it. Frankly, I'd rather the MCU acquire the FF from Fox rather than the X-Men.
:goodpost: MCU definitely needs to save FF from being butchered once again.

I wonder if they will cast someone who looks older than Andrew Garfield (I didn't see ASM2... was he still in high school? :lol ) to visually match the age of the Avengers like Cap, Thor, Widow, etc.

I think Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good choice and he's certainly famous enough to create further interest. He did just turn down a DC role as well.

Amy Pascal, one of the Sony execs caught up in The Interview hack, is leaving Sony but will be producing these movies as well as the Ghostbusters reboot. Talk about a golden parachute. :slap

After reading those leaked emails I'm pretty sure being forced to collaborate with this person will be the end for Marvel Studios.

To: Kevin Feige

Hey Kevin,

Did you hear what happened to Robert and Chris last night? They got wasted and ended up in the same room at the Beverly Hills Hotel! I guess those rumors turned out to be true! :)

Frankly, I'd rather the MCU acquire the FF from Fox rather than the X-Men.

If only so Dr. Doom can become the main baddie in the MCU. I wonder if Osborne is part of the deal? Will we get the Dark Avengers story after Infinity War?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know why people think Civil War would be good. Does anyone even have a secret identity in the film universe?

Don't know why people think Civil War would be good. Does anyone even have a secret identity in the film universe?

Unless you just mean the MCU, cause Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke and Danny are gonna have secret identities but so far, none of the main Avengers.

Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of the Spider-Man franchise on July 28, 2017
Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.
Who cares then.

After reading those leaked emails I'm pretty sure being forced to collaborate with this person will be the end for Marvel Studios.
Pretty much.

Wow, I for one, find this to be terrible news. They should have either have gotten the full rights back or leave it the hell alone. Spiderman doesn't need to be in the MCU if it's going to be on Sonys term. If Sonywill continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films then you can bet they will ***** about every decision... you all saw the emails.I personally don't think this will end well for the MCU. My only hope is that Sony keeps it's mouth shut and let Marvel do its thing.

True, the identity is irrelevant in the MCU but people still want to see spidey apparently... now, if people expect him to be an key character in the movie then they are asking to much :lol

Anyway I guess this means no more Andrew Garfield! YEAH!

giphy.gif

:yess:

"Sony pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spiderman films"

yea fanboys going crazy bet they wont even notice what you said this changes nothing.

Back