Marvel Legends Icons 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool, I'm out of town anyway... but if someone can find the Goblin I'll of course cover cost of figure and shipping :D And I'll keep an eye out for the Wolverine, I'll actually be in Dallas this weekend and hitting new stores always helps the hunt!

galactiboy said:
Thats cool, I'm out of town anyway... but if someone can find the Goblin I'll of course cover cost of figure and shipping :D And I'll keep an eye out for the Wolverine, I'll actually be in Dallas this weekend and hitting new stores always helps the hunt!

Would you pay ToysRus's price of $9 plus tax? If so I think my TRU still has some. I could stop by tomorrow I think.

Went to a Wal Mart today and they only had AoA Sabertooths so maybe my area is drying up now too?

Buttmunch said:
Would you pay ToysRus's price of $9 plus tax? If so I think my TRU still has some. I could stop by tomorrow I think.

Went to a Wal Mart today and they only had AoA Sabertooths so maybe my area is drying up now too?
:( Thanks for looking anyways. I just don't understand why there's so many AOA Sabertooths around. Sure he's the weakest figure in the series but you have to have him to complete Giant Man, and all the others are long gone, so have people just been buying all but Sabertooth and have incomplete Giant Man figures lying around? Or did Toy Biz screw up again and over pack shipments with AOA Sabertooth?
This series has been the most frustrating Marvel Legends series I have ever dealt with. :banghead

The way the regular 12 figure cases were packed, there was 1 of each figure + 1 Sentry Variant + 1 Wolverine Variant, which is 11 figures, and the 12th figure in each case was an extra AOA Sabretooth. The reason you see so many is because they put out so many cases, and people immediately bought the set of 11, and left the duplicate.

bluesparrow said:
The way the regular 12 figure cases were packed, there was 1 of each figure + 1 Sentry Variant + 1 Wolverine Variant, which is 11 figures, and the 12th figure in each case was an extra AOA Sabretooth. The reason you see so many is because they put out so many cases, and people immediately bought the set of 11, and left the duplicate.
Ahh, makes sense now. It doesn't surprise me that Toy Biz screwed up the case ratios. Maybe I should've just bought a case when they first came out instead of buying them individually?
If I did that now, I'll be stuck with five duplicates, three of them would be AOA Sabertooth. :banghead

bluesparrow said:
How is that screwed up? They fit one of each into the case, except for one extra which is a duplicate.
And that duplicate is the poorest figure in the series. It doesn't surprise me that they're clogging the shelves. And what they should've done is just get a smaller box and put out the complete set, no extras.
Another way they screwed up is by putting a vital piece of Giant Man with a variant. Variants are highly sought after for their resale value because of their rarity. True that the variants were even packed but simply because they're variants, people pick them up regardless whenever they saw them. And I've heard a number of people still looking for the variant Wolverine just to complete Giant Man. If anything they should've'e placed an additional Wolverine Variant in the case.

Picked up Venom and green Hulk from Walmart a couple days ago! Now I'm thinking that I should've picked up Wolverine when I had the chance. I only spotted the masked version once......now it's all unmasked. I guess I'll just wait until the brown Wolverine comes out.

I have both the masked and unmasked Wolverine, and I prefer the unmasked version myself. The masked version's head seams too small for his body, not so with the unmasked version.

I went by target and Wallmart today, No Green Goblin found although, I suspect that my local Wallmart just got a shipment in of the Onslaught wave because I did see a Lady Death and Pyro.
I didn't find any Wallmart Giant Man exclusives, the pegs were clogged with the Sentinel Series restock.

But on a related note, I did pickup a Spider-Man 12" rotocast Black Costume Spidey and 12" rotocast Daredevil.
The head on Symbiote Spidey feels too narrow for his body, his right hand is sculpted open but has a point of articulation so he can do a pseudo web firing pose, the left hand is more in the traditional web firing pose with his two middle fingers permanently bent with the same joint. This makes little sense because he's supposed to fire web from the backs of his hands, but even Medicom got that wrong on their $120 figure. He has Icons style ball jointed hips which have a similar range of movement.
The only articulation Symbiote Spidey would be missing as an Icon are a wider range of movement for the shoulders, mid torso bend, and head joints. And he doesn't have rocker foot joints. Overall a suitable "Icons" figure for $10.

Daredevil looks great. I love the head and hand sculpts. He comes with a white Billy Club and has separate belts and Billy Club pack pieces glued on. Unfortunately, he only has traditional Rotocast angled cut hip joints. Although the head and hands might make good 1/6 custom fodder.

screamingmetal said:
And that duplicate is the poorest figure in the series. It doesn't surprise me that they're clogging the shelves. And what they should've done is just get a smaller box and put out the complete set, no extras.

I don't think there's a major toy company that'd ever do that. It'd cost them a fortune. Toybiz makes their money selling cases of 12 figures to stores. If they sold cases of 11 they'd lose money.

Also I disagree that AOA Sabretooth is the poorest in the series, I think he's rather well done. Looks just like the artwork. I just hate the story he's from, though it's a popular storyline. AOA Wolverine is the worst by far, imo. Ant Man's no prize, either.

Also, they're not clogging the shelves everywhere. We've gotten the Walmart Wave here a bunch of times and there's maybe one AOA sabretooth hanging around.

screamingmetal said:
Another way they screwed up is by putting a vital piece of Giant Man with a variant. Variants are highly sought after for their resale value because of their rarity. True that the variants were even packed but simply because they're variants, people pick them up regardless whenever they saw them. And I've heard a number of people still looking for the variant Wolverine just to complete Giant Man. If anything they should've'e placed an additional Wolverine Variant in the case.

Yeah I agree it was harsh putting the last piece with a variant, even an even packed one.

bluesparrow said:
I don't think there's a major toy company that'd ever do that. It'd cost them a fortune. Toybiz makes their money selling cases of 12 figures to stores. If they sold cases of 11 they'd lose money.

Also I disagree that AOA Sabretooth is the poorest in the series, I think he's rather well done. Looks just like the artwork. I just hate the story he's from, though it's a popular storyline. AOA Wolverine is the worst by far, imo. Ant Man's no prize, either.

Also, they're not clogging the shelves everywhere. We've gotten the Walmart Wave here a bunch of times and there's maybe one AOA sabretooth hanging around.

Yeah I agree it was harsh putting the last piece with a variant, even an even packed one.
They may have not been able to pack them at 11. But they could've included another figure to take that spot. Personally I would've liked a AOA Jean Gray to go along with Wolvie, or better yet, a AOA Sunfire. The extra figure could've been the alternative to get that Giant Man left hand.

I only own AOA Sabertooth, Regular AOA Wolverine, Regular Sentry (florescent yellow version :sick ), and Ant Man. Out of all of them, AOA Wolverine is the best IMO. I don't like the head sculpt on AOA Sabertooth, and I think I had issues with his articulation so I like him the lest. He's also missing Wild Child (he could've also been that 10th character in this series).

At the time when I got to Wallmart, it was the day after they had got the first wave in and all they had left were those four I mentioned and Thor. Since I didn't know Sabertooth was double packed in the wave and they had a couple more of the Thor figures, I put Thor back because I could only afford four. That was the last I saw of Thor, I've been kicking myself for that move ever since. So I'm a bit biased about the Sabertooth figure.

And the largest Wallmart in the world (was at the time they built it about a year or so ago) is only 25 minutes away and they had about 12 of the AOA Sabertooths clogging the shelves from the restock. The Wallmart near by had about 5 at the time of the restock.

Last edited:
I picked up the variant Venom yesterday. The detai in the face is amazing. If you ever see one I highly recommend it. At least look closely at the head sculpt so you can at least see the amazing amount of detail.

yah, i think venom is my favorite so far. hulk is cool but that venom just looks great. both have been a lot of fun so far.

My new avatar is the Variant Venom figure. I tried to immitate the movie poster image of Venom. I know it faces the other way, but this side of the figure's head was more interesting.

Buttmunch said:
My new avatar is the Variant Venom figure. I tried to immitate the movie poster image of Venom. I know it faces the other way, but this side of the figure's head was more interesting.
You could flip the image, not sure how to do that but it would achieve what you're going for.
I haven't seen any new Marvel Legends anything on the shelves. My wallmart just keeps getting in more of the Vinyl Spidey 12" figures. On top of all the figures I missed, now the X-Men figures are hitting stores with that Rouge figure and variant Rouge that I want. I just can't keep up! :slap

Back