Marvel Legends Icons 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the way they packed Spider-man.

spidey1.jpg

Looks great

the variant looks terrible. Parker looks feeble and a case of the cramps.

I'm under the impression that much like Series 1, we are seeing a flux of mispacking of cases. Wherein the variant (grey) is more frequent than the regular (blue).

Jesse(Falcon, heads ML/icons etc for toybiz) said himself that the Grey was the variant, the blue with labcoat is the regular.

But most online stores are selling the grey as regular, but i have to assume that it's because it's mispacked somehow. Just doesn't seem right that the grey would be "regular" when it is most deffinately not a normal version of beast.

Great review! I have to hunt down a Hulk before they all start disappearing.
Michael, that problem you're having with Spidey's legs is the same damn problem I've had with two figures so far. If I were you, I'd take it back pronto to exchange it for another. It seams to be a common problem in every Icons line :monkey2

I have yet to see 1 icon in the UK, I was waiting for woolworths to have them in stock, but now they have gone off their website :(

I know there are other sources but I don't want to pay over the odds.

EDIT:
This was about the Hasbro Marvel Legends Annihilus wave, I decided it deserved it's own thread.

Last edited:
I wanted to like these, I really did! I picked up the Hulk when I found him here at a local Target. I had the figure stashed in my closet for a couple of weeks debating to unpackage him or not. The more I looked at him the more I disliked him so I returned him.

Also thought Iron Man was the worst of the bunch. He just looked to damn skinny in my opinion. Also, I have never been a big fan of the look of his most recent armor.

If you thought the Toy Biz releases looked bad, you can expect the Hasbro releases to look worst. I hope that it's only the paint that will look bad and not the joints or sculpt.
I've had a few Icons that joints didn't work on, mostly it's the hips. that's my biggest complaint with Toy Biz, that and variants.

I agree, a cloth tunic would've been more appeasing to the eye with his cloth cape and all. I'm really itching to get this figure! I think he'll fit in great with my other 12 inchers, especially since I don't think Medicom could really do the armor any better. Gosh, remeber the Famous Covers Doom. Terrible!!!

Doom's been my favorite Marvel villain since I was a kid and I can't wait to get that bad and rip him from his plastic prison! Mght even go back and pick up the TB Ironman, but I really want a classic version! Maybe some day...

I am DEFINITELY getting this Doom....to cut to pieces and put him back together as an ultra-cool, fully poseable and clothed 12" figure!!! I cannot wait for him to come out!!!

I've seriously disliked the Marvel ICONS. I don't like the whole 12" Marvel Legends and believe that the hard plastic look is a cop out in the 1/6 scale. That being said, I can't wait to buy this Doom. I've never seen such a great 1/6 representation of this character.

Jedi_Mike said:
I've seriously disliked the Marvel ICONS. I don't like the whole 12" Marvel Legends and believe that the hard plastic look is a cop out in the 1/6 scale. That being said, I can't wait to buy this Doom. I've never seen such a great 1/6 representation of this character.

I've picked up Ironman and Cap and like both. Ironman looks much better with a simple repaint. None of the others interest me though I'll give Thor a look. Doom looks lame with the molded green "cloth"

Customikey said:
I am DEFINITELY getting this Doom....to cut to pieces and put him back together as an ultra-cool, fully poseable and clothed 12" figure!!! I cannot wait for him to come out!!!

My thoughts exactly Mikey!!!

Personally I'm a bit disappointed with the Icons line - I wish they'd done them more like the Marvel Studio line with cloth costumes rather than sculpted ones. I'm not a big fan of the way their articulation shows as well.

I've thought about buying a second one and using it for armor, but that will be an unbelievable amount of work. It might be best to just cut the upper torso away and connect the lower torso and legs, arms, and head to a sacrificed Dragon upper torso and make him a cloth tunic.

I always wanted to get the masked Cap so I could complete a "too long on the table" custom. :monkey2
Hey, if anyone bought any Ironman fig and decided you don't want them..... and want to get rid of them instead of throwing them out... :monkey3

screamingmetal said:
I've thought about buying a second one and using it for armor, but that will be an unbelievable amount of work.

Thought about that. It should be easy enough to cut him up and dremel out the armor enough to fit over a base body. That way I don't have to worry about finding a base body that's muscular enough. The armor will take care of that! The difficulty is part of the fun, after all. :D

I wonder if the mask is removable....

I was shocked that they only displayed Dr. Doom at Toy Fair. Looks like Hasbro is saving everything for SDCC!

BTW, I'm considering selling off my Marvel Legends ICONS collection for those of you that want an instant collection.

Back