Gentle Giant Marvel Secret Wars Micro Bobble Heads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamazov80

Ham and Egger
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I ran across these at Walgreens this morning, and I really like them a lot. They're such a niche kind of item (I hesitate to call them either collectibles or toys. . .maybe novelty decorations?) that I can't imagine they will appeal to many random Walgreens shoppers. But man, am I the target audience for these things, as these were some of my favorite toys as a kid. Wolverine in particular was one of my most cherished childhood toys, but Spidey was a close second in the line. The others never spoke to me like those two, so it's nice to have them both in wave one. But the Iron Man figure was also quite good, and I have a fond Christmas memory of opening the three-pack with black Spidey, Daredevil, and Captain America.

I got Spidey, Wolvie, and Symbiote Spidey, and will have to go back and pick up Hobgoblin. I also got Deadpool for my nephew, though I don't have much interest in him for myself, given that the character didn't even exist when the original figures first came out. Deadpool is apparently the Walgreens exclusive figure.

There is no articulation apart from the bobbly head. And the bobbly head can look wonky out of the package, but if you bend it enough in the direction you want, you can get the default position of the head to look better. Wolvie's claws are separate pieces that you have to stick on. I wish these actually had the little bases like the Super Powers figures will, because they can't stand up on their own at all. Maybe I'll try to stick their legs in boiling water and better repose them at some point.

2015-12-15_11-51-53_268_zps6lwuch6i.jpg

Scale comparison:

2015-12-15_10-58-12_426_zpsbdu0toj7.jpg

2015-12-15_10-57-52_558_zpsi4f1fmby.jpg

Those are pretty neat, I finally caved and bought the jumbo Black suit spidey from GG, I like these little figures but if I had the option I would have not gone with the bobble head and just made them mini articulated figures.

Yeah, they're doing Super Powers figures without the Bobble heads, and they will even have real cloth capes. But again, just little statues.

I wonder why no articulation, they made the 80's joes in micro form with even more points of articulation than both the secret wars and the super powers.

23053839606_f9e75d9eb3_b.jpg

Are you sure they are articulated? The Secret Wars figures have glued parts where the old figures were articulated to simulate the look, but they don't actually move there. I assumed that was the same with these.

Are you sure they are articulated? The Secret Wars figures have glued parts where the old figures were articulated to simulate the look, but they don't actually move there. I assumed that was the same with these.

Not personally as I never took them out of package but someone on the YoJoe forums said they were, also that they were goofed up a bit as the arms were swapped between Snake-eyes and Rock 'N Roll, ether way they are all pretty cool, glad to see figures from our childhood getting a revival of sorts.

Back