Marvel Legends Icons 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jase said:
The lot includes some HTF ICONS like masked Captain America and the variant Beast :D

Hey, how'd you like MODOK?
Love him!!!!!!!!
Don't suppose you'd like to part with Cap's head, huh? :monkey3

Cool Toy Review put up a list of new upcoming Icons figures:
Hasbro knows a good thing when they see it, and it is clear that they want to make the Icons line a huge success. These 12" figures have already been flying off the shelf, and once word gets out about the following releases, chances are good that the current figures will become hotter than Georgia asphalt.

The line will be expanding to include the following:

Colossus
Cyclops
Daredevil
Daredevil Variant
Doctor Doom
Human Torch
Human Torch Variant
Magneto
Nightcrawler
Phoenix
Phoenix Variant
The Punisher
Silver Surfer
Thor
Wolverine
There's some good ones listed there. I wonder which version of the Phoenix they'll do, the movie version or comic version? I hope they make the variants more attainable then Toy Biz.
Here's the full report on all their lines including Marvel Legends:
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/The_411_Hasbros_2007_Marvel_Plans_103754.asp

I hope the Icons Colossus is the X3 Movie version. I'll admit, he looks cooler in the movie than he did in the comics....

P.S When the hell is the Icons Punisher coming out anyway? It's been a month already.....

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
I hope the Icons Colossus is the X3 Movie version. I'll admit, he looks cooler in the movie than he did in the comics....

WHAT?? :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

X3 Colossus has been seen online, as a regular 6" figure and word is by the leaked lists that hes in HML 3, not icons. I'd suspect the icons colossus is comic, same for phoenix. X3 phoenix is in HML2. Icons so far has stuck to comic style, i dont see them veering to movie designs because these are stand alone figures that have to sell themselves, where as ML have BAF to sell them, so the less than amazing designs of X3 costumes which hurt sales of X2 figures arent as bad in ML.

Also in case nobody noticed, the Icons Dr. Doom (whos coming out next with punisher) is sculpted to look like Sideshows PF doom armor and style wise and has a cloth hood/cape. He looks awesome i can't wait for him.

Magnuz said:
X3 Colossus has been seen online, as a regular 6" figure and word is by the leaked lists that hes in HML 3, not icons. I'd suspect the icons colossus is comic, same for phoenix. X3 phoenix is in HML2. Icons so far has stuck to comic style, i dont see them veering to movie designs because these are stand alone figures that have to sell themselves, where as ML have BAF to sell them, so the less than amazing designs of X3 costumes which hurt sales of X2 figures arent as bad in ML.

Also in case nobody noticed, the Icons Dr. Doom (whos coming out next with punisher) is sculpted to look like Sideshows PF doom armor and style wise and has a cloth hood/cape. He looks awesome i can't wait for him.
Ive seen a list with him on there, but no pics yet. :( Agreed, though I can only hope... And what do you mean by 'less than amazing than X2'? Both movies used the same outfits. The only thing changed is that Storm and Jean have different hairstyles and some of the New Mutants have uniforms.

Meh, don't really care about Doom. Too boring of a character.....

I didnt say less than amazing than X2, i said less than amazing designs for the costumes period, which also hurt the x2 line. The fact that they were characters in leather outfits hurt sales for the toys because they didnt attract much kid purchases, thats why we got the X-Men line with a bunch of colorful versions of characters and some ultimate ones instead of an X3 toy line. Toybiz learned the hardway that the x-men movie franchise costumes just dont make toys that kids wanna buy, i like the designs fine but they dont do well enough sales wise to get their own line.

You can also see pics of all of hasbro wave 3 (including x3 colossus) here:
https://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2007_NYCC/Hasbro/Marvel_Legends/Wave_3

Hasbro didnt show anything at toyfair but they are showin plenty at NYCC, including new Icons (Torch and Surfer) and the above mentioned HML3.

Magnuz said:
I didnt say less than amazing than X2, i said less than amazing designs for the costumes period, which also hurt the x2 line. The fact that they were characters in leather outfits hurt sales for the toys because they didnt attract much kid purchases, thats why we got the X-Men line with a bunch of colorful versions of characters and some ultimate ones instead of an X3 toy line. Toybiz learned the hardway that the x-men movie franchise costumes just dont make toys that kids wanna buy, i like the designs fine but they dont do well enough sales wise to get their own line.

You can also see pics of all of hasbro wave 3 (including x3 colossus) here:
https://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2007_NYCC/Hasbro/Marvel_Legends/Wave_3

Hasbro didnt show anything at toyfair but they are showin plenty at NYCC, including new Icons (Torch and Surfer) and the above mentioned HML3.
Whatever. I actually thought the costumes looked pretty cool, though I hate how Toybiz sculpted the X2 SA Wolverine, it looked too bulky for my tastes...

And thanks for the link! Colossus looks amazing! Good thing Hasbro didn't give him 'open' hands(Except for one, but it's articulated enough to form a fist) like they did with X3 Beast.

That Cap. America looks AWFUL! Damn, I was hoping they'd repack the one from Wave 1 of Toybiz's ML. :(

Last edited:
Yeah, they seem to be giving us the main cast of heroes and villains from X-3. We definitely need a new X-3 wolvie. The previous movie versions were meant for the kid crowd .. i.e. horrible with silly action features. Don't give me a X-3 Jeannie without someone to send her "home."

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Whatever. I actually thought the costumes looked pretty cool, though I hate how Toybiz sculpted the X2 SA Wolverine, it looked too bulky for my tastes...

And thanks for the link! Colossus looks amazing! Good thing Hasbro didn't give him 'open' hands(Except for one, but it's articulated enough to form a fist) like they did with X3 Beast.

That Cap. America looks AWFUL! Damn, I was hoping they'd repack the one from Wave 1 of Toybiz's ML. :(
The movie costumes were alright, I think I only really like Storm and Rouge from X-2 and Colossus from X-3. What I didn't like about the X2 SA Wolverine was the long ass neck he had, it didn't look right. The problem with the movie figures was that they weren't articulated enough. I only bought the SA Wolverine and SA Nightcrawler, the rest were terrible. I really hope they make a Super Articulated Rouge and Storm from X-2 in the Marvel legends line.

I saw the pics a few days ago and was surprised by the Phoenix figure, Rachel! I always wanted one of her. I like the Jean Grey Phoenix, but prefer Rachel more. Capt. America and Bucky look like ass, not sure if I'd buy them. I really like most of their choices with this line. That version of Cyclopes is the only one I really like outside of the Jim Lee X-men reboot era costume. Black Knight looks great but he should've come with a horse. The Brood Queen doesn't make all that much sense because Hasbro isn't doing a regular Brood. It looks like you'll have to buy the Marvel Select version. Danger Room I could live without, I don't really like the character that much. And I'm so glad they're making a Hydra soldier! I wish these were cheaper so I could buy a few to flank my variant Baron Von Strucker! Now I hope they make a Hand foot soldier! Icons Silver Surfer will be too necessary to pass up, although I'm not liking the eyes all that much.
I'm a little pissed they're doing variants again. not that I really like their choices. Why can't they just include the extra heads as accessories?
Yea Rachel! :D

The X2 Cyclops is a perfectly good figure for cyclops, visors a little fat and he has only a swivel neck but otherwise hes good and the sculpt is solid and looks good so i have him with my Xmovie display. I have the X2 sa wolvy too, but i agree he needs a new figure, but i'd actually say he needs a little more bulk, just a better musculature, in X2 he had a good solid muscular look in costume the figure looks skinny by comparison, and i'd like a better head sculpt.

The new icons look good as well, surfers pretty nice despite his pre posed hands, im really anxious for doom and probably punisher too.

And here's a couple pics i took of the hasbro 12" "icons" ghost rider that nobody here seems to like heh:
newbafgr1.jpg

newbafgr2.jpg

Magnuz said:
The X2 Cyclops is a perfectly good figure for cyclops, visors a little fat and he has only a swivel neck but otherwise hes good and the sculpt is solid and looks good so i have him with my Xmovie display. I have the X2 sa wolvy too, but i agree he needs a new figure, but i'd actually say he needs a little more bulk, just a better musculature, in X2 he had a good solid muscular look in costume the figure looks skinny by comparison, and i'd like a better head sculpt.

The new icons look good as well, surfers pretty nice despite his pre posed hands, im really anxious for doom and probably punisher too.

And here's a couple pics i took of the hasbro 12" "icons" ghost rider that nobody here seems to like heh:
newbafgr1.jpg

newbafgr2.jpg
Great pics Magnuz! That second one is killer. I actually do like the figure very much, it's just the bike could be better. I was going to buy this one a few weeks ago but I couldn't find it in Wallmart, I guess I'll have to look around a bit more when I have the money.

I should note i added iron fist flames around his neck, cutting to fit and glueing in place to give him under skull flames, cause as is he looks a little bare, doesnt hinder the neck too much and adds to the visual look alot heh.

I actually like the bike, except for the green accenting on the tank, it has som eamazing detail and looks amazing, i thought i liked the 6" bike and then i got hte 12' one and was blown away, but the bike does pale in comparison to the figure its the best icon made to date IMO.

Magnuz said:
I should note i added iron fist flames around his neck, cutting to fit and glueing in place to give him under skull flames, cause as is he looks a little bare, doesnt hinder the neck too much and adds to the visual look alot heh.

I actually like the bike, except for the green accenting on the tank, it has som eamazing detail and looks amazing, i thought i liked the 6" bike and then i got hte 12' one and was blown away, but the bike does pale in comparison to the figure its the best icon made to date IMO.
Your modifications look great, I didn't realize you did anything. It might be cool to add a light there in his neck and connect it to a button on his back to light up that skull.

screamingmetal said:
I was going to buy this one a few weeks ago but I couldn't find it in Wallmart, I guess I'll have to look around a bit more when I have the money.

ghostrider.jpg

I received one recently from Amazon ($39.99 total, qualified for free shipping) and I found myself to be surprisingly impressed with both the figure and the bike. Very cool.

Magnuz, the mod you did with the Iron Fist flames turned out really nice, I may have to borrow the idea :)

Last edited:
Back