Marvel Legends Icons 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buzzybean said:
Hey- thanks for the links! Doom and Thor look real boss although that hammer Thor's carrying looks a bit strange and a bit too big. I'll pick him up tough, no doubt!

I agree Wolverine's head is too small. That sucks 'cause that could have been the best Wolverine Tha Biz has ever produced.

Man, I haven't seen any of these yet! I noticed they were releasing the variants of the Marvel Legends Two-Packs a month or two ago also but I haven't seen any of those on the shelves since that time. I hope to see more of those and these 12" soon!

BB

They have them at TRU, WM is just now getting them in. After WM finishes their reset, I am sure they'll have a bunch more...maybe. venom is a must, both versions. Hulk looks great too.

buzzybean said:
Hey- thanks for the links! Doom and Thor look real boss although that hammer Thor's carrying looks a bit strange and a bit too big. I'll pick him up tough, no doubt!

I agree Wolverine's head is too small. That sucks 'cause that could have been the best Wolverine Tha Biz has ever produced.

Man, I haven't seen any of these yet! I noticed they were releasing the variants of the Marvel Legends Two-Packs a month or two ago also but I haven't seen any of those on the shelves since that time. I hope to see more of those and these 12" soon!

The two packs are available everywhere I think but I've only seen them at Wallmart so far. The variants and regulars are evenly packed in that wave.

I own one of each of the regulars and the variants for Hulk, and Captain America. Of the six different sets, both the regular and variant of the Capt./ Red Skull and Capt./ Baron Strucker are the best of the bunch. Either Dare Devil is good, the Kingpin looked best in classic white. And either Hulk pack is good. But the worst part about Kingpin and Hulk is that they need to be able to bend forward and back at the chest, without this joint they look very stiff. The two different versions of the Hulks are the best sculpt of that character I've ever seen in Marvel Legends, they just need better articulation.

[Edited to clarify]

Last edited:
screamingmetal said:
The two packs are available everywhere I think but I've only seen them at Wallmart so far. The variants and regulars are evenly packed in that wave.

I own one of each of the regulars and the variants for Hulk, and Captain America. Of the six different sets, both the regular and variant of the Capt./ Red Skull and Capt./ Baron Strucker are the best of the bunch. Either Dare Devil is good, the Kingpin looked best in classic white. And either Hulk pack is good. But the worst part about Kingpin and Hulk is that they need to be able to bend forward and back at the chest, without this joint they look very stiff. The two different versions of the Hulks are the best sculpt of that character I've ever seen in Marvel Legends, they just need better articulation.

Your talking about the Marvel Legends 6" figures, these are the new 12" figures....single packed and twice the size/fun!

EDIT: Sorry just saw you were replying to another question without quoting them...nevermind!

screamingmetal said:

[Edited to clarify]

Excuse my ignorance, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Is Baron Strucker Red Skull's "secret identity" or is he a completely different character? I thought he was Red Skull unmasked, but it seems different versions actually have the Skull his Skull and not a mask :confused: Thanks for any info.

Thanks guys! I've still yet to see the two packs though :monkey2

I went on an Icons hunt today, but come up with nothing. I returned the extra unmasked Capt. to TRU. The only new thing to me I saw was a masked Wolverine, who as previously stated in this thread, has a tiny head. The unmasked Wolvie is deffinatley the way to go. Still no sign of regular Capt. America though.

screamingmetal said:
The two different versions of the Hulks are the best sculpt of that character I've ever seen in Marvel Legends, they just need better articulation.

Those Marvel Legends Hulks from the 2-Paks are the best Hulk sculpts I've ever seen of any action figure/statue- great Sal Buscema art likeness!

I only wish someone would produce a statue using that classic 70's look. I love the Kirbyesque look some are giving to the Hulk now but my Marvel collection will never be complete until I get a statue of a 70's style Hulk. I was looking forward to the latest Bowen version but once again, I'm disappointed.

And those tiny heads everyone keeps giving the Hulk.....AAARRGGGHHH!!

I found a MASKED Capt. America today at Wal*Mart this morning. They only had the one with a few unmasked variants of him, plenty of both Wolives and Iron Men. Strange regular Capt. is so hard to find, but I'm so glad I finally found him. He looks much better than the unmasked version, which looks great.

Now the civil war set up can begin! Capt. Vs Gold Iron Man with neutral unmasked Wolvie!

Now that I've opened Capt. America, he is great. His left leg hip joint is a bit stiff, but otherwise his articulation is nice and tight, but easily movable. On in interesting note, in the comic book that comes with him, the 1st issue cover of him hitting Hitler has been edited. Hitler's mustache has been removed as well as his arm band. Whats weird though is that the comic covers that serve as the backboard the twistes are attach to also have that cover, but it is unedited.

He seems to have a swivel or balljoint at the base of the skull and a joint at the neck that can let him move his head up and down (not sure what that would be called). His head mobility seems a bit limited to me, but I haven't fully tested all of his joints. BTW, I have compared him to Sideshow figures and they seem perfectly inscale with these icons. Until a Red Skull is made, perhaps Capt. can fight Nazi Kroenen? ... Or Iron Man :monkey3

I bought both versions of Cap and did a head swap. The masked version looked like his chest was partly melted. The old "boil and pop" method works on these fine.

I like these Icons so much that I won't even really be sad if Hasbro doesn't lend Sideshow the rights to make 12" figures. If Hasbro keeps the quality and articulation up they will do just fine with this line.

foolkiller said:
I bought both versions of Cap and did a head swap. The masked version looked like his chest was partly melted. The old "boil and pop" method works on these fine.
What body did you swap him to?
Oh, and as for the Red Skull:
c690202c.jpg

Ironman1188 said:
What body did you swap him to?

I swapped him to another cap body. I bought and unmasked version solely for it since I wasn't sure if I'd find another masked one. The head uses a peg with a small ball on the end of it which goes into cap's head.

Am I the only one who thinks the unmasked Captain America looks like a buffed up Kevin James, from "The King of Queens?"

Back