Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very excited for this. A street level, “noirish” depiction of Daredevil is what I’ve been waiting to see my whole life. I really hope these shows turn out to be awesome.

Since this is part of the movie universe, I hope they cast some relatively big name actors for the roles, pretty much nobody on par with the AOS actors.

If this goes well, hopefully they will bring The Punisher and Ghost Rider next. Two badass characters that are in need of a good movie/series.

Would like to see more of the actual Defenders--Nighthawk, Hellcat, Valkyrie, Son of Satan, Clea, Gargoyle, Devil Slayer. . .put them together with Strange and Hulk, have them fighting evil, supernatural ****.

Marvel is proud to announce that acclaimed writer, director and producer Steven S. DeKnight ("Spartacus," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," "Angel") has joined "Marvel's Daredevil" as Executive Producer & Showrunner on the all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Drew Goddard, who also wrote the first two episodes, will continue to serve as Executive Producer on "Marvel"s Daredevil" as he writes and preps Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man" spin-off film, "The Sinister Six."

https://badassdigest.com/2014/05/25/spartacus-steve-deknight-is-the-new-daredevil-showrunner/

This weekend it was revealed that Drew Goddard is leaving his position as showrunner for the Netflix Daredevil series; while the official release said that Goddard was leaving to focus on Sinister Six at Sony, sources inside Marvel have told me there were also some creative hangups, ones that include casting the lead for the series. Goddard has written the first two episodes and will be credited as a consultant, but we'll see if his involvement will be very direct. Remember, Guillermo del Toro gets a credit on The Hobbit movies.

His replacement was announced yesterday: Steven DeKnight, creator of the popular Starz series Spartacus. Like Goddard, DeKnight is a veteran of the Joss Whedon Academy, having worked on Buffy and Angel. I haven't seen Spartacus, but lots of people like it and find this hire very positive.

Here's hoping. I remain concerned about the current behind-the-scenes situation at Marvel, and it's been funny seeing people attacking me for having an anti-Marvel agenda. My agenda is shamelessly pro-Marvel, but it's also pro-good movies and pro-strong creative visions. Honestly, I don't mind that Marvel's executives meddle with the movies, I just mind that they meddle with the movies being made by good filmmakers. Hire middle of the road worker bees if that's the path, not directors with real style and voices.

BVmZhfz.jpg

Here's a photo of the actor who is going to be Daredevil.

Visually, I don't really see Matt Murdock/Daredevil and I haven't seen Boardwalk Empire either so I can't judge his acting either. :lol

BVmZhfz.jpg

Here's a photo of the actor who is going to be Daredevil.

Visually, I don't really see Matt Murdock/Daredevil and I haven't seen Boardwalk Empire either so I can't judge his acting either. :lol

I love Boardwalk, and you know, he actually is a good choice. He is an excellent dramatic actor, Im sure he must be a theater actor. So its good they got someone with some acting skills. With Murdock you need someone with really good dramatic skills because he is blind. And him being a fairly unknown will help sell the role so people wont picture him as someone else.

good choice i think :)

He was anything but a dork in Boardwalk Empire, which, despite not having superheros or giant radioactive lizards, is a great show.

I don't really picture him as Daredevil, but he's a fantastic actor so I'm sure he'll do fine.

Owen from Boardwalk Empire is gonna be Daredevil? He was very good on BE, but I wouldn't have pegged him as Matt Murdock in a million years.

Back