Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingpin has been Cast!

Vincent_D_Onofrio_39661.jpg

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/0...has-been-cast?abthid=5397669f5b48ed6220000016

New showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (Spartacus) welcomed D'Onofrio via Twitter, saying, "Huge welcome to the amazing Vincent D'Onofrio as Wilson Fisk! A spectacular addition to the Daredevil family! #daredevil"

Meanwhile, Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television, also released a statement. "We're incredibly proud to have an actor with the gravitas and versatility of Vincent joining 'Marvel's Daredevil' in such an integral role," said Loeb. "Wilson Fisk is an iconic villain whose cunning and power make him the dangerous equal of our hero."

D'Onofrio joins Boardwalk Empire's Charlie Cox, who was cast as Matt Murdock/Daredevil, on the series. Fisk is described as "a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil."

Interesting choice. A good actor, though he seemed to phone in a lot of that Law and Order stuff. Definitely lacks the physical presence of comic and first film Kingpin. Hopefully they'll still make him a formidable hand to hand combatant.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102255

Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actress Rosario Dawson has joined "Marvel’s Daredevil," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.

Known for her powerful work in “Cesar Chavez,” “Kids” and the upcoming “Sin City: A Dame To Kill For,” Rosario Dawson will play a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city.

Dawson joins Charlie Cox (previously announced as Matt Murdock) and Vincent D’Onofrio (previously announced as Wilson Fisk) in the critically-lauded cast of "Marvel’s Daredevil."

“Rosario Dawson is one the most charismatic, talented and powerful actresses in Hollywood, so she was always at the top of our list for 'Marvel’s Daredevil,'” said Jeph Loeb, Marvel’s Head of Television. “Her role in the series is absolutely critical to Matt Murdock’s journey to become the hero we know as Daredevil.”

"Marvel’s Daredevil" follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell's Kitchen, New York City. Marvel’s first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus”, “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost," "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", in addition to writing the first two episodes of "Marvel's Daredevil"), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”).

"Marvel’s Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=102255#CqAJ6DwOHbDzSTxu.99

Same here, I was thinking Elektra at first, but it might be too early to introduce her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should get what's her name that played Gwen Raiden on Angel for Elektra. She was also Andromeda in that crappy Clash of Titans remake.

So how will this show be different then then shield I am thinking it will follow the same format despite the fact that it is on net flicks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

The tone is supposed to be a lot darker and grounded, which is more fitting for Daredevil.

They should get what's her name that played Gwen Raiden on Angel for Elektra. She was also Andromeda in that crappy Clash of Titans remake.

Alexa Davalos.

I thought I only seen her in Chronicles of Riddick, but noticed see was also in Mob City. I watched it and never realized that was her. :lol

She's certainly a looker. :naughty

The tone is supposed to be a lot darker and grounded, which is more fitting for Daredevil.
I sure hope so it seems that these shows follow the style of the network they arw shown on. Arrow is the typical CW show with pretty people and teen love triangle set against a comic book background in the vein of smallville and shield is a ABC family show also with a comic book flair. Foxs Gotham looks like the frienge and stuff.

Is NBC airing Constantine I am trying to remember. I which tv shows would have they same level of story and script that a movie has even though they can't replicate the special effects.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back