Horizon (Zero Dawn/Forbidden West) | Netflix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full disclosure- these two games are my favourites of all time, I fell in love with this world, the character of Aloy, and the haunting story of the past.

Look, I knew it was coming based on that Playstation Studios intro at the start of Uncharted and I’m still terrified right at this moment. I really don’t think this can be done justice on a TV budget unless they give this Stranger Things money, and then even THEN- I just don’t trust Netflix nor Sony (movies/tv division) to adapt this correctly whatsoever. If you can’t even do Uncharted (which were basically movies in and of themselves as games), why should I have any trust in you pulling THIS off? I guess an animation version would be the best outcome but…dammit, I doubt they’ll do that. I’m not confident about this at all. At least don’t recast Lance Reddick. Please.

Confirms the story will focus on Aloy as well, so the dream of a prequel is dead. Very thin ice for me. Expectations are in the gutter.

Horizon: Zero Budget.

I can’t imagine the logistics of trying to do all these machines, sets, costumes, and weapons on a TV budget.
I think if they start off small with not as many machines, more of an intimate hunting focus at first to build interest and do it really well, they could justify a bigger budget with later seasons

Or it will be a cgi mess, we will see

Back