Marvel and Netflix Team on Four Series Leading Up to The Defenders!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is another Punisher I think they hit the right tone with the Thomas Jane short. Ray Stevenson is an awesome badass but "Dirty Laundry" was far, far better than "War Zone".

I'd love to see Jane back in the roll, but it really depends on if Marvel decides to ignore his bashing the role when he bailed on the sequel to do Darabont's Mist. :(

I thought Stevenson was a great Bradstreet Punisher, but I've always hated the slicked back tactical look Bradstreet brought to the character.

I loved the tactical gear. I just hated how brain dead WZ was. The best thing I can say is it had a few laughs.

"Dirty Laundry" seems like Jane's way of saying he wished they'd got it right back when he was doing it. I would absolutely watch a Netflix series done this way.

We've had two different, but very good (imo) Punishers and neither got the movie they deserved.

https://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/2/26/22021/marvels_netflix_series_to_film_in_new_york_city

I just wish they would do something new with the Punisher. Either give him his own show or even introduce him in the movie franchise. I know people don't think he match with the rest of the MCU, but I don't care... I want to see a Punisher by Marvel/Disney.

They talked about creating a TV show where he's a detective who moonlights as the Punisher to catch crooks and bring them in. Not sure if I'd want him to have his own TV show with that premise given it completely goes against every fiber of why he exists in the first place. :monkey4

That's actually really cool news. Just keep all of the Dexter writers away from it.

Hall is a good actor but also has a reputation for being a control freak. He ultimately becomes a producer on his shows and starts making creative choices.

So... good choice but keep him in check.

So... he got blinded cutting lumber and then moved to New York to become a lawyer part time vigilante? Lulz

I'm no Dexter fan, but Hall is a decent actor, as we saw on Six Feet Under. Wouldn't be my first choice probably, but could be worse considering it's a TV show. Hopefully whoever plays him will eventually be integrated into the movies in some fashion.

It's nice to see they are courting serious/good actors for the Netflix series. Hopefully the acting is better than Agents of SHIELD.

Now give me Charlie Hunnam as Iron Fist and Terry Crews as Luke Cage

Back