Man Thing Commiquette - Pics and Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad a new thread was started. That other one was started more as a joke to mimic the other epic cancellation thread about Abomination. Looking forward to seeing pics of this guy. Wish I had the space for it. If there is any sort of drop in price, say down to the $300 range, I may have to think hard about getting one.

Edit: Any chance of getting pics without the flash, in natural lighting, maybe even dim lighting?

I'm glad a new thread was started. That other one was started more as a joke to mimic the other epic cancellation thread about Abomination. Looking forward to seeing pics of this guy. Wish I had the space for it. If there is any sort of drop in price, say down to the $300 range, I may have to think hard about getting one.

at that price point it would be a no brainer but as incredible as it is I'm not a big enough of a fan to drop the money SS is selling it for.

Congrats to those who have this piece of art. :rock

If there is any sort of drop in price, say down to the $300 range, I may have to think hard about getting one.

I hardly doubt this is going to drop due to the low ES and the awesome sculpt. Secondly, European collectors like me pay WAY more. I paid € 455.00/ $ 651.30 including shipment and that's the lowest price here. Bigger shops sell this piece for € 520.-/ $ 744.41 without shipment

Edit: Any chance of getting pics without the flash, in natural lighting, maybe even dim lighting?

Hey Mesa, I figured it was, but then again, in hindsight, here is SS doing a piece of a not so well recognized character, and in this case paid off, it could have easily gone the other way with epic cancellations, lol.

SS hit the price point on the nose IMO, so it's more about:

a) Are you a fan of the chararcter, or
b) Are you becoming a fan of the character, or
c) Are you looking for something in Marvel that is really different from what you have to spice it up?

IMO, if the answers are yes to any of the above, then the $500 price point will be worth to get it. Look at Vader Al's response, he knows it is a great sculpt, but just not into any of the above. For him, it will be a respectful pass.

For me, I wanted something to freshen up what I have, something different, something unique, and this one fits the bill. On top of that, I am now starting to discover a lot about this character, and finding it interesting.

Pics without the flash: I normally do not do unless in sunlight (like you already mentioned) or it is within a larger display. Reason being is that the ambient lighting completely throws the true color of any piece off. With a good quality flash, the light output should be white enough to reflect the proper colors if exposed properly, and used with an umbrella or two.

This is one of two reasons I threw in the Green Hulk, to give an idea of size and colors. So if one has seen a popular sculpt like the hulk, one will also have a basis for the color in the pics.

Other situation, which you may be refering to also, is what will it look like without the strong lights on it? This is indeed one of those pieces that likes lights on it. Take a look at the pic with it in the styrofoam case ... it does not have strong lighting and would give an idea of how it looks like in a display that is not so well lit.

When I get it up on display, I can photo it with dim lighting ... .

MT is giving Hulk the "What Ever" look :naughty

At least it isn't the "I have a headache" look. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

I hardly doubt this is going to drop due to the low ES and the awesome sculpt. Secondly, European collectors like me pay WAY more. I paid € 455.00/ $ 651.30 including shipment and that's the lowest price here. Bigger shops sell this piece for € 520.-/ $ 744.41 without shipment

I agree KQ, this piece will stay retail or above in the long term, unless it is replaced with a PF that will outdo what it is now ... and I do not think there will be a lot of competition for this piece for some time.

SSMan-ThingCom062005.jpg

*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

I keep staring at that pic. This character really is something else and so is the pose

This statue will stand out in ANY collection because of the sculpt itself and the pose (the wading through the swamp)

yeah i'm kinda pumped about getting this into my collection so that when people look at it you'll know what they're thinking or saying.

what the hell is THAT?????:rotfl:rotfl

Fantastic pics Batman!
Congrats to everyone getting one of these, great piece!

Thanks Squider! Are you thinking of getting one?

I keep staring at that pic. This character really is something else and so is the pose

This statue will stand out in ANY collection because of the sculpt itself and the pose (the wading through the swamp)

yeah i'm kinda pumped about getting this into my collection so that when people look at it you'll know what they're thinking or saying.

what the hell is THAT?????:rotfl:rotfl

Quad and KQ, this is one of the reasons why I gambled on buying it. It is such a different piece, yet if fits nicely for a person who collects superheros, Marvel, or DC.

It will definitely be a conversation piece, and one which will enhance a collection.

No I'm not, it's a great looking piece but I have no attachment to the character whatsoever.

funny i was the same way, i had no idea or clue who this character was (and still don't) but when shai posted the comic cover of him vs the Hulk i had to have him.

i know, i know, very sad....:monkey2

Back