Man of Steel Sequel - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually really like Cavill. I'd like to see him at least get the opportunity to be in a Superman movie with a great script before he gets booted. I think he can pull off an excellent Superman if given the chance. There were flashes of that in MoS.

Injustice this, Injustice that. It's not even a real comic book. :lol

I know I know, and I'm not saying it because I love the comicbook, it sucks, but the concept fits this universe better than any patchy route they have in mind.

Although if they actually manage to flip it to a more lighthearted tone in an authentic way and not just lip service, then it will be a feat.

JLA seems to have a lighter tone at this point. I see the point that Supes and Cavill deserve a lighter tone installment to change it up. But I like the darker brooding stuff. I'd say despite plot suicide squad was a good compromise between dark and light- wicked people having some laughs. The witch and the joker were disappointing though. Although I see the point with joker, backstory and supporting character really for Harley - who is a star!!!! But i digress....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Cavill is Supes for a few more years. They won't get rid of him. But his version isn't really memorable for me at least. He's great at being a morose, sad supes.

I actually liked Brandon Routh and what he did with Superman in Returns. The film did cop a of flack for being a lot like the older films ( shades of what SW fans are not bitching about with Ep 7 ) but I liked him a lot as both Clarke and Superman. Plus, the reveal of him and Lois having a son was pretty different and a good way to further the story.

The more I think about it, the more I think they should have gone Injustice for this universe.

This Superman is primed perfect for an Injustice story.

Classic Superman would NEVER break the way it is required for an Injustice story, not even with the Joker tricking him into killing Lois and his unborn child, his own principles and morals are just too well understood by him for him to break... But Snyderman? He would totally snap, having 2 parents who were a bit morally grey in the way they raised him at times, the people in this universe being very divided in support/hate of Supes, I can totally see this Superman being just sick of the people being so ****, and then the Joker does his thing and he would be:

"My parents told me I was sent here for a reason, that the people would rally behind me, I saved you, I rejected my own race for you, I gave my life for you, but this is how you repay me? **** this, I'm taking over". :lol

THEN they can do a Flashpoint reboot and do what they want to do, go full MCU, or better yet, go classic.

But I don't want them doing that with this universe, I love the Snyderverse for what it is; dark, broody and pessimistic... Bringing quips and lightheartedness to this just because feels wrong, so does bringing Classic Supes to this dirty universe, that's why I wanted a reboot, so they can do a Classic Supes without the baggage of the Snyderverse, but alas...
While I agree that Snyderverse Hopeman can do this, it's so antithetical to what Superman is that I don't like the idea of going in that direction (though they've obviously hinted at it). What I could more easily justify was a Justice Lords-type turn. As Superman keeps slogging it out, year after year, trying his damndest to do what's right, but finds he just can't beat a corrupt system, that infiltrates all aspects of government and civil society. The courts let unrepentant murderers off, politicians are all bought off, the media is sensationalistic and shallow, and even if it weren't, the public are too complacent and cynical to care. Then, Luthor gets elected as President, and starts really consolidating power and doing bad ****. Superman gets to the point where he can't take it anymore, and along with Batman and Wonder Woman, they take Luthor out and establish an authoritarian police state. The Authority took this kind of approach, as well, as did Batman in the Kingdom Come comics to some extent.

It's not saying that Superman cracks and goes nuts, but rather that he gets worn down over time. And he never acts out of extreme emotional distress. He does it as a rational move. Probably won't happen, but I could support this approach.

It's not saying that Superman cracks and goes nuts, but rather that he gets worn down over time. And he never acts out of extreme emotional distress. He does it as a rational move. Probably won't happen, but I could support this approach.

I like the Justice Lords, but there's our main difference, remember how Supes reacted when Lex showed him the pics of his momma? Or with Zod at the farm? He's unstable as ****, plus his relationship with Batman is still barely existent, and the Justice League will be in its infancy in the movie.

Plus, I could be wrong but I believe Injustice has been one of the top selling DC comics since it came out, it was just a ****** promotional tie-in but it's still being published after 5 years, if there was a way to make Snyder bring the billion $$$, it was probablly that one.

This may never happen unless WB wants for some reason to fast track it and have it out by 2019....
They DO need to drop the MOS title and have SUPERMAN as part of the title...

If it's the death & return of Superman suit, it needs a silver emblem & whatnot. Just having it be one flat color looks weird. It looks somewhat like the Zod apocalypse dream suit from MoS.

Cp7cx8PWEAAC0u_.jpg

I think it's definitely return suit.

Back