Man of Steel Sequel - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah. I don't have enough stake in Cavil/not Cavill to care but after seeing how quickly the new Spider-Man in CW erased the Webb movies I think that WB would be wise to follow suit.

With an actual reboot? Sure! I'm all for that.

With just changing actors in the same universe and pretending is not that universe, why bother?

I doubt Snyder is back for this.

Ancient rumors have it WB is trying to get George Miller on board.
If Miller brings his A-game, AND is allowed creative freedom (BIG ****ING IF!), then that could be the greatest comic book thing ever to happen in movies, Nolanverse included. I bet it won't, though.

Cavill isn't the problem IMO. It was always the direction Snyder decided to go.

He doesn't play a bad Supes, it's just that it's not the Supes everyone wanted or expected. I personally don't have any issues with him but I hope they give him better material in future films.
Agreed. I have no real issue with Cavill at all. I enjoyed Man from UNCLE quite a bit, as well as the DC stuff. He's a bit stiff, but he does the job. And better to go with the devil you know IMO. I've not been thrilled with some of their other casting decisions.

Miller won't direct that big of a film. He's complacent just doing what he's doing now.

Cavill just doesn't have the range for me. He's not terrible. But he's a little boring too. He has the body for it but the range isn't there for me.

With just changing actors in the same universe and pretending is not that universe, why bother?

For the reasons I already said.

marlon-brando-slap-gif-500.gif

:tap

Nah. I don't have enough stake in Cavil/not Cavill to care but after seeing how quickly the new Spider-Man in CW erased the Webb movies I think that WB would be wise to follow suit.

It does make me think if WB is going to take a new direction with DC films, would have Snyder picked a diffirent cast for JLA?

You're still just pretending, it's the same universe it's the same everything. You can pretend with Cavill too.

Okay fine they can do the "it was only a dream" and keep Cavill. :lol

Maybe have a scene early on where he tells Ma Kent that his dad's heart attack was so traumatizing that he's had recurring dreams about him dying in more and more unusual ways up to and including tornadoes.

He can also say that even though HUMANS activated the beacon and lured Zod to Earth that he's been having nightmares that he inadvertently was the cause, etc.

Okay fine they do the "it was only a dream" and keep Cavill. :lol

Maybe have a scene early on where he tells Ma Kent that his dad's heart attack was so traumatizing that he's had recurring dreams about him dying in more and more unusual ways up to and including tornadoes.

He can also say that even though HUMANS activated the beacon and lured Zod to Earth that he's been having nightmares that he inadvertently was the cause, etc.

I can get behind that, they have the Flash, they can have him change those things when he does one of his time trips, it's right there for them, the perfect continuity correction tool, but I doubt they have the vision to do it.

Okay fine they can do the "it was only a dream" and keep Cavill. :lol

:lol:lol

Might as well have Cavill look at the camera and say, "I am soooo sorry...for everything." Then a single tear rolls down his cheek. :lol

Surprised about all the Cavill hate... Not the fault of the guy if he was given a ****** costume and a depressing incarnation of Superman. He was good with what he got.

As for Miller, please keep that guy away from this franchise. It has suffered enough. Guy did one good movie in his life and just made crap after they.

I think Cavill has done a fantastic job, thus far, and I think it'd be wise to see where his arc goes in Justice League before claiming him to be awful. I'm convinced that in JL, he'll, finally, get to play Superman. The whole Christ allegory, heavy handed as it may be, has a pretty definitive set of benchmarks that, ultimately, lead to the same conclusion. In MoS, you have him turning himself into Zod and his crew to save humanity. In BvS, you have him sacrificing himself for humanity. I believe JL will be his "realization" through resurrection. By the end of BvS, he knows what he's fighting for and how far he's willing to go, so, I think it's only natural that, when he comes back, he'll be the Man of Tomorrow. Even the Justice League picture shows it, he's got the sun shining off him and a smile on his face, as opposed to the scowl and rainy, dark background in the first BvS picture.

I wish you were right!

...but part of me skeptical about how they'll use him in JL. I think he'll be the bad guy unfortunately... Again!

There are too many references to Injustice in BVS for them not to go that route. The nightmare sequence, Flash telling him he was right all along, Lois being the key... I keep saying it. Superman is such a powerful character that DC no longer knows how to use him. So they either make him dark, 'cause, you know, everything's gotta be dark these days, or they make him a threat. They've long forgotten what Superman should stand for!

Sounds good. Cavill is good in the role and I think there's a great superman movie that can be made. While Snyder is an exceptional visual director I'd like to see someone else take over the directors chair. DCs gritty movie making is wearing thin. These are comic book movies not War & Peace. Rather than pushing the Greek God/Christ allegories they need to bring back the wonder, find a good villain (maybe Braniac) lighten the tone, and brighten the color palette.

Sounds good. Cavill is good in the role and I think there's a great superman movie that can be made. While Snyder is an exceptional visual director I'd like to see someone else take over the directors chair. DCs gritty movie making is wearing thin. These are comic book movies not War & Peace. Rather than pushing the Greek God/Christ allegories they need to bring back the wonder, find a good villain (maybe Braniac) lighten the tone, and brighten the color palette.

That's great what you're describing sounds just like a Superman movie!

... Ha, wait, I've forgotten! We're in the DCEU, not a place where people are happy and colors are bright! GRITTY OR GTFO

Back