Maleficent PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just from the preview pictures I thought it was an excellent representation of her. The only problem I had was the skin tone, and that isn't an issue for me seeing it in person.

Just from the preview pictures I thought it was an excellent representation of her. The only problem I had was the skin tone, and that isn't an issue for me seeing it in person.

Thanks Dave!

Im glad the skin tone turned out well.

Really looking forward to displaying this with the Evil Queen Pf. :)

This grew on me a bit during the backstage pass. I really like the base on this piece. I still hope to see it tuned down as far as the green goes though. It was interesting to hear that they got ideas from the actual actress that voiced maleficent.

The backstage pass finally helped me put my finger on what didn't work for me with this piece; and its the fact that she was sculpted with more of an eye toward the actress who voiced her than the actual animated character.

I don't like that approach. Disney could have tried to match the look of the actress when they animated her in the 50's but Sleeping Beauty's then dramatic stylistic departure from some of the more realistic looking characters of the 30's and 40's was quite pivotal to the film's end result.

The artwork for the upcoming Captain Hook PF indicates that they plan on matching his animated look, I wish the same approach had been taken with the wonderfully stylized Maleficent.

The colour looks a bit better in the video shots, but I still think it's not pale enough compared to film images.
With luck it will be tweaked a bit more in production.

Disliking the grinning EX head more and more, so I have no regrets on cancelling my EX pre-order. If in hand pics turn out to be good, I'll just order the Reg, either direct from SS or locally.

But yes, the actress was mostly used for expressions, you shouldn't use it as a reference for the head sculpt, that should be purely based on the animated film look, like the Evil Queen one is.

Starting to like it a bit more after watching the backstage pass.

Though still hoping for the change of colour.
Dislike the ex head so I'm going to wait until photos are posted up in forums and if I like what I see I'll try and pick up the regular for a good price.

The BP has changed my impression of her, I think it looks quite good aside from the coloring.

The Backstage Pass certainly made me like it more. Though it still looked too green in that, I was surprised to see that the green looked much more toned down in the 360. That was perhaps the lighting though. I mean, I'm sure they saw the massive amount of complaints about the skin color, so I'd be very surprised if it wasn't improved upon by when it comes out.

I love the smiling portrait and conjuring hand.
But I prefer when only each one is used not both of them together. :lol

500 for Reg and 350 for Ex is quite small numbers though. :banghead

When your on the order page for Maleficent's on Sideshows site there should be a few links underneath the main image. One will be the backstage pass.

In a way, it's sad to see how so many Disney characters have become awfully outdated from a gender's perspective. Obsessions with looks and being saved by Princes just doesn't quite cut with young girls as much today. My daughter is 2.5 years old and she much prefers watching cartoons and films where girls actually accomplish things as opposed to just sitting around waiting to be saved or tended to.

Beautiful piece though.

This thread should be locked. Lame PF

I hate it!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/syV2LkGpQB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/syV2LkGpQB0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back