Maleficent PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ex PF is now sold out, with an ES of 350, bit higher then I was expecting frankly. If the main issues aren't fixed, I can totally se this going back up on second chance.

Yeah, she got alot of bad press and still managed a ES of 350 for the EX. Thank those who "order everything" and those who Pre-Flip all the EXs that come out.

Well, for me its more a safety order at the moment. If the issues aren't fixed, or I don't know if they are fixed before mines ships, I'll cancel my Ex order and pick up the Reg later if it does turn out OK.

I know it is not perfect, but I'd have liked to see something like this...

zzzz.jpg

The lighter does look much better. You can really tell she's too dark when you look at just her hand in the banner up top, you'd think its the Wicked Witch by that.

The lighter does look much better. You can really tell she's too dark when you look at just her hand in the banner up top, you'd think its the Wicked Witch by that.

He didn't just lighten the face, he did a few more things :D

Did he PS the EX head, yet? :hint: ;)

He didn't just lighten the face, he did a few more things :D

Did he PS the EX head, yet? :hint: ;)

Yeah I know, he lightened the eye color and added more eye shadow, or whatever that stuff is. I know nothing about make up. Any other changes are too subtle for me to notice. But I think the color is the biggest problem with it, like I said, looking at just her hand you'd expect the Wicked Witch from Oz.

i'm perfectly fine with how she looks right now. most of the time, if not always, the actual piece looks soooooo much better than plain images, even production shots from sideshow's site. i like her skin tone as it is, it gives her a more solid look. regular version ordered. :banana:banana:banana

That looks way better than what we have right now. Definately looks like the Maleficent I remember.

I know we all would like Sideshow to listen to our pleas, but I don't see it happening. Has there ever been a case where Sideshow listened to people from this board and made changes to a statue?

The Dooku PF was changed. Whether the changes were already underway or made after people expressed disappointment with the piece I don't know. There was also an instance where a Star Wars 12" figure had the wrong color lightsaber and they changed it. So I agree it isn't likely, but its not impossible either. I also don't know that its totally Sideshow either, as I pointed out, at the parks Maleficent is a darker green so its possible its something Disney has mandated. I have no clue if they can do that or not, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

The Dooku PF was changed. Whether the changes were already underway or made after people expressed disappointment with the piece I don't know. There was also an instance where a Star Wars 12" figure had the wrong color lightsaber and they changed it. So I agree it isn't likely, but its not impossible either. I also don't know that its totally Sideshow either, as I pointed out, at the parks Maleficent is a darker green so its possible its something Disney has mandated. I have no clue if they can do that or not, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

I hope they do make the changes we all want, but I don't know if we have as much pull as the Star Wars crowd.:maul:emperor:chew :rotfl

That looks way better than what we have right now. Definately looks like the Maleficent I remember.

I know we all would like Sideshow to listen to our pleas, but I don't see it happening. Has there ever been a case where Sideshow listened to people from this board and made changes to a statue?

The hair on the Galadriel PF was changed, from 'real' hair to sculpted. But then again they still left the lips bright red.

At this stage in my collecting hobby, I'm not willing to accept near enough as good enough. Even if it is a character/statue that I'd rather like, if in the end it's just not excellent to outstanding, I'm more then willing to cancel and move on.
All one has to do is waiting another 6 months or so, and something else will come out that I'd want just as much, but which was done to the top standards one should expect for the money.

Mind you, when it comes to Belle or The Beast, they better get that totally right, or there will be hell to pay.....

Back