Action Figure Mafex justice league

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope the final product is about as good. That's one area where Medicom still has to show progress.

In the meantime, I'm having fun with Bats and Supes. I'm having a better time with these than with all the Hot Toys and statues I've been collecting for years.

Getting excited for the eventual delivery of my supes. Sal shipping is agonizingly slow :impatient:

Just been kicking it with Batman. Lol.

QVvN7fQ.jpg

R9nsWkZ.jpg

4yJcaaB.jpg

Haha. Those are quite dynamic poses. :wink1:

I wish I had bought that armored Batman instead of the 1/10 scale Iron Studio one.

Oh, my! I took out my Mezco BvS Supes to compare it to the Mafex and I am shocked at how it pales in comparison.

I still like it on its own or with the rest of my Mezcos (and for what it is, that's a 6" figure with soft goods clothing) but it can't be mixed with sculpted figures like Mafex. It clearly appears less detailed and less refined.

(The cape is not that orange-y IRL, by the way) I guess Mezcos are in their own league.

If anyone is interested I am selling my Mafex BvS Batman. It’s in mint condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I modded the cape of my JL Batman. I made it shorter and cut slits on the shoulders to have it overlap the cowl.I overdid it a bit and my cuts ain't clean but I still like it more than stock.

I really love my JL Superman:clap. No QC issues except a tight left leg at the hip, just like D Amazing's was. I have no need for another Cavill Superman :)
20180416_165556-1.jpg
20180416_164456-1.jpg

I just got this amazing figure earlier! I had to try it on green screen. It beats the mezco Superman imo.

1z2k5mu.png

Got both my mafex JL figures today. Batman is the best out of the 2.my superman right shoulder pleat area is all jacked up and on his right side of his boot some of the red metallic paint has already flaked off.QC on superman is just horrible.But the batman i give a 9 out of 10.if his cape was wired it be a perfect score.
415a959a4d4884d95c5bf7d07adb8dac.jpg
89d5c10b7287012538cd49906cf4e8e9.jpg
40a39492f03528ad2da9b7024778b5bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sigh.I took a closer look and it looks like his pleat area is not pushed and glued down all the way into that hole area.and the pleat stitching is not properly stitched and is all weird looking compared to the other properly layed pleat.this is such a huge eye sore as his pleat are is not symmetrical.driving me nuts
2ca151795fb953a66851abf330bab73d.jpg

Yeah, Supes did not receive the same care as Batman. I had paint issues too and the wire of the cape on the right shoulder tends to pop off.

Adobe photoshop CC. Go to select>color range and key out the green! :)

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks! I'll take a look at that.

Edit: despite the mediocre QC, this figure is still really nice.

Got my Superman yesterday. It’s an awesome figure. My cape was also a little wonky on his right shoulder, but it just needed some futzing and now it looks fine. Nothing like cheiftortuga’s. The only other issue is the red paint on my “S” emblem is not lined up perfectly and bleeds a bit into the gold. Fortunately this is only visible on very close inspection and you don’t normally notice it when handling the figure in person. I am concerned it might be more of a problem in photos, but we’ll see.

Overall it’s a great representation of Cavill as Superman. The headsculpts are phenomenal. I do wish there was more variety in them though. The angry face is cool, but then the other two faces (stern and slightly sterner) are so similar they’re almost indistinguishable from one another. I wish we’d gotten stern, angry, and either heat vision or a happy/neutral face. But hey, what we did get is still awesome. He looks GREAT next to Wonder Woman and Batman. He poses wonderfully. The hands and head swap easily without being too loose or too tight. All my joints are smooth and tight (but not too tight).

Will post some pics in another day or two when I have more fee time.

Been too busy to take any decent pics yet (not that others haven’t already posted better pics than I can take), but I did snap this pic today to show the misaligned red paint on his chest symbol.

APWeiiz.jpg

KyJLU1d.jpg

I’ve got a few days left to contact hlj customer service and I’m debating whether or not I should bother. As I said it’s not terribly noticeable in person unless you’re looking for it. And the rest of the figure is totally perfect (I’d hate to exchange it for one withsomething worse...).

But still... it’s the “S” on Superman! Kind of a prominent part to have a paint flub. Especially for a $65 six inch figure.

Does anyone have any experience with hlj customer service regarding manufacturing defects? This is the first time I’ve ever considered contacting them.

Sigh.I took a closer look and it looks like his pleat area is not pushed and glued down all the way into that hole area.and the pleat stitching is not properly stitched and is all weird looking compared to the other properly layed pleat.this is such a huge eye sore as his pleat are is not symmetrical.driving me nuts
2ca151795fb953a66851abf330bab73d.jpg

Got a reply from the seller on ebay that is from japan.they offered a 50% refund or return the item for repair.I chose the 50% refund since it would take forever to get my superman back lol.

Back