Action Figure Mafex justice league

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been too busy to take any decent pics yet (not that others haven’t already posted better pics than I can take), but I did snap this pic today to show the misaligned red paint on his chest symbol.

View attachment 405917

View attachment 405918

I’ve got a few days left to contact hlj customer service and I’m debating whether or not I should bother. As I said it’s not terribly noticeable in person unless you’re looking for it. And the rest of the figure is totally perfect (I’d hate to exchange it for one withsomething worse...).

But still... it’s the “S” on Superman! Kind of a prominent part to have a paint flub. Especially for a $65 six inch figure.

Does anyone have any experience with hlj customer service regarding manufacturing defects? This is the first time I’ve ever considered contacting them.

HLJ is usually pretty good with customer service, so no problem in just asking them to see what they could do. Might need to return the figure to them but they always pay return shipping if that happens.

I contacted hlj customer service. We’ll see what happens. I’ve had a little more time to inspect the figure and I think the wire in the cape may be broken right above where it attached to his right shoulder, but I really can’t tell for certain.

I hope they offer a replacement, but I won’t be terribly upset if I end up keeping this figure. The issues really are rather minor (I’m extra careful with these tiny cape wires to begin with, and if it is actually broken, it hasn’t created any issues with posing the cape. And as I mentioned, the paint misalignment is only noticable close up or in photos). And the figure as a whole is really nice. The sculpt is great. The joints are great. The paint on the heads is flipping phenomenal!

A couple quick shots before the trinity possibly gets broken up for a few more weeks...

ykLFnbX.jpg

QyDC2xd.jpg

Well, since the figure is currently backordered and out of stock hlj offered a full refund (including shipping costs to me and back to them) if I returned the figure or a 20% store credit if I kept the figure. I asked if I could wait a reasonable time to see if they were able to get more stock in before choosing one of those two options, but they wouldn’t do that. So I took the 20% store credit.

It’s a shame mine had issues. Of 7 Mafex figures I’ve bought, this is the first to have any real QC issues. And I can even live with the slightly misaligned paint (if I found paint that matched well enough I could easily touch it up myself). But the broken wire above the right shoulder has me worried. I’m almost certain it’s broken and the end has tried to poke through the cape once or twice. I’d be willing to try fixing it if I had any idea how to go about it, but I’m kinda at a loss. I have no sewing skills. I think I really need to cut the stitches that run lengthwise along the wire to hold in in place so that I can fully expose the wire and see what’s really going on. My problem is I am not confident I could re-sew the cape edge satisfactorily. I’m also not sure exactly how the cape actually attaches to the figure, which is another slightly terrifying hurdle...

Ah well. I’ll just be super careful with the cape for now. He still looks flipping amazing on the shelf!

0ZNluv3.jpg

NFHbDex.jpg

canofhumdingers, you can probably just slide the wire out of the cape by either end of the hem. Mine actually came out by itself at the top end, which connects to the shoulder. I could just slide it back in but anyway, I don't think you need to unsew anything.

I changed the wires in my Mafex RO Vader the same way. I think it's always done that way. Try to gently pull on the wire, it should come.

Hmm, thanks. I’ll have to look more closely at it.

Well, hlj gave me the store credit last night and just now I see he’s back in stock on their site... I contacted them again to see if they’d be willing to remove the credit from my account and instead replace the figure, since he restocked the very next day...

Well, thanks to your suggestion Iam_Dabatman, I was able to kind of fix the cape wire. I’m certain it is broken now, but I was able to push the top end back into the port on the shoulder so it works like it should. However I can still feel short piece or wire from the original attachment to the shoulder that keeps trying to poke it’s way out and make a hole in the cape which kinda sucks.

Hlj answered me and basically said they could not undo the partial refund but that I’m “welcome to place another order”. :slap. If I’d known that’s how it was gonna be I’d have just sent the figure back for a full refund and ordered a new one. They then sent me a questionnaire asking me if I was satisfied with their customer service... lol. I wasn’t rude but I was very clear how ridiculous it is that they wouldn’t exchange the figure because it was out of stock on backorder for ONE day. If I’d just waited a day to submit my original customer service email (which I could have as it was still within my 10 day window) then none of this would’ve happened.

Well, thanks to your suggestion Iam_Dabatman, I was able to kind of fix the cape wire. I’m certain it is broken now, but I was able to push the top end back into the port on the shoulder so it works like it should. However I can still feel short piece or wire from the original attachment to the shoulder that keeps trying to poke it’s way out and make a hole in the cape which kinda sucks.

Hlj answered me and basically said they could not undo the partial refund but that I’m “welcome to place another order”. :slap. If I’d known that’s how it was gonna be I’d have just sent the figure back for a full refund and ordered a new one. They then sent me a questionnaire asking me if I was satisfied with their customer service... lol. I wasn’t rude but I was very clear how ridiculous it is that they wouldn’t exchange the figure because it was out of stock on backorder for ONE day. If I’d just waited a day to submit my original customer service email (which I could have as it was still within my 10 day window) then none of this would’ve happened.

Yep that’s was actually the same kind of response I got when I had an issue with my Mafex RO Vader

Sent from the Slave1

That sucks. Ive been very happy with all my previous hlj experiences. But this total lack of basic customer service common sense has left a sour taste in my mouth. It will be a long time before I think about ordering from them again if they leave it at this.

I mean, really, how hard would it have been to say, “hey, we’re on out of stock backorder right now but if you’ll wait a few days we’re expecting another shipment and can process an exchange then”?

Yep that’s was actually the same kind of response I got when I had an issue with my Mafex RO Vader

Sent from the Slave1

That sucks. Ive been very happy with all my previous hlj experiences. But this total lack of basic customer service common sense has left a sour taste in my mouth. It will be a long time before I think about ordering from them again if they leave it at this.

I mean, really, how hard would it have been to say, “hey, we’re on out of stock backorder right now but if you’ll wait a few days we’re expecting another shipment and can process an exchange then”?

HLJ's been on a downward slide recently, they used to be amazing at customer service. Wondering if someone new is running things. They just royally ****ed up the preorders for the Bandai DX Chogokin YF-19 from Macross Plus, probably the most-demanded figure from the entire franchise - took more than they could get fulfilled from Bandai and are now systematically cancelling orders. The real cherry on top is that there's a line in the cancellation email about them trying to do so in as timely a fashion as possible to give people "time to order from other suppliers" - every webstore on earth sold out of preorders in 90 seconds flat and they know that.

Well, despite the lame customer service experience with HLJ and the relatively minor (as long as that wire doesn’t rub a hole in the cape) issues with the figure itself, the JL Superman is still spectacular. I’m really enjoying it. It’s so much fun to pose. And he just looks amazing. The face sculpt is really something in person!

roC0nry.jpg

sZotI0w.jpg

Cool shot. It's actually hard to show in pictures how great they are IRL. None do them justice.

He looks terrific ,and while the sh version lacks the rivet detail and uses a different method for the shoulder pads ,it looks great in hand

thumbnail

say what you will about the movie, ,and personally i enjoyed it and ive had a blast with the figures ,t shirts books and the what like :)

roll on the hot toys

He looks terrific ,and while the sh version lacks the rivet detail and uses a different method for the shoulder pads ,it looks great in hand

thumbnail

say what you will about the movie, ,and personally i enjoyed it and ive had a blast with the figures ,t shirts books and the what like :)

roll on the hot toys

Justice League ain't no Infinity War but I enjoyed it too, as much as I enjoy DC/Warner animated movies. Those guys are my superheroes, their design is nice and so are the figures, be it SHF or Mafex. That's enough for me to enjoy.

And I'll have this Flash in a week or so. I can't wait! :)

I'm hoping

a) solo Aquaman movie is good
b) Mafex Aquaman from his solo movie is better than the JL version
c) they do Black Manta and Mera as well

Back