Action Figure Mafex justice league

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A figure like Superman or the first two WW of Mafex is very difficult to take a photo well... To figures like the Batman or Superman of Mezco is difficult to make a bad picture ;)

Uh... No.
There are some great Mafex Superman pictures in this very thread: here, here or here.

As for pictures making the Mezco figures look bad (body, head-sculpt and paint app) they're not hard to find, plenty here.

The Mafex bodies are anatomically more correct, the Mezco ones are too wide making the figures look like mini Hulks.
The fabric on the Batman or Superman Mezco costumes doesn't look to scale and adds up to the thick look.

At the end of the day it is a matter of taste but please drop the ridiculous pronouncements "bro".

Come on guys, there is absolutely space for both brands of collectibles for collectors. Although I myself prefer Mafex and do not mind the joints, I must admit to being tempted to buy Mezcos especially the Tactical Suit Batman. :wink1:

I Do Not understand how you can say that all pieces of Mafex are better than the figures of Mezco.
It'S okay you can have your opinion, of course! But do not complain when you break the joints of your Medicom... [emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957]

I like my JL

View attachment 448450

I Do Not understand how you can say that all pieces of Mafex are better than the figures of Mezco.
It'S okay you can have your opinion, of course! But do not complain when you break the joints of your Medicom... [emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957]

I like my JL

Not sure what you mean by "...all pieces of Mafex...", the figures or just parts of them?

Anyway, your JL lineup does look good.
I just think the Mafex figures have better proportions and finer details which makes them look better overall.

As for the joints, it's true that earlier Mafex figures had some loose joints (very easy to fix) but I haven't heard anything about them breaking easily.
Do you feel the need to make something up in every answer?
Also, Mafex got better the JL figures have fine joints.

My jl batman has taken shelf dives with no breakage and I am happy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No, I don’t feel need to make something up in every answer. The last Mafex Spiderman has very fragile joints, it breaks. My JL Flash also broke; Every collector knows the fragility problems of the Mafex figures. It has Always happened and even with rising prices did not increase their quality and continue to break. Dude, I didn't like anything that said the MAFEX figures are better than the Mezco; I have been photographing collection figures for many years and the appearance of a Mezco figure in a photo does not have the Mafex. Just that. Let's Leave the subject here. Continue your Mafex collection, others will use a union of brands for our displays.

IMG_6030.jpg

No, I don’t feel need to make something up in every answer. The last Mafex Spiderman has very fragile joints, it breaks. My JL Flash also broke; Every collector knows the fragility problems of the Mafex figures. It has Always happened and even with rising prices did not increase their quality and continue to break. Dude, I didn't like anything that said the MAFEX figures are better than the Mezco; I have been photographing collection figures for many years and the appearance of a Mezco figure in a photo does not have the Mafex. Just that. Let's Leave the subject here. Continue your Mafex collection, others will use a union of brands for our displays.

I've posed Mafex figures in every extreme pose conceivable and nothing ever broke.
So no, not "every collector knows the fragility problems".
I can't make sense of half of what you wrote but sure, let's leave it at that.

Last week I picked up the JL Aquaman. I am pretty impressed with him so far. He is damn posable and I am looking forward to taking him to Florida with me in May.AquamanMafex.jpgAquamanmafex1.jpgAquamanmafex2.jpg

With how awful hot toys is with releasing dc figures. Might have to jump back on the mafex train.

With how awful hot toys is with releasing dc figures. Might have to jump back on the mafex train.
I dont under stand how this company can make stuff while hot toys show cases the product and then it disappears were is cyborg mafex made one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does this look like it's it for the Nolan figures? Ra's is out now, and nothing announced further than Bruce Wayne?
I was hoping for a Gordon or Alfred, but seems unlikely...

I'm going to guess that's it. Mamegyorai has all of the upcoming and past MAFEX releases, it looks like Medicom, like everyone else, is putting their efforts toward Marvel releases. You never know, though, with Medicom.

Back