Action Figure Mafex justice league

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool shot. It's actually hard to show in pictures how great they are IRL. None do them justice.

Thanks! And agreed, they're just phenomenal in person. I just got Bane in on Sunday and I'm starting to care less about a lot of other figures I own. With the jump in quality these are becoming a nice little alternative to Hot Toys for me.

Flash on the way from HLJ...he looks great. Mafex stepping up their game

Just got Flash in. Great figure! Awesome sculpt and paint, despite the likeness being off on the masked head.

It feels really sturdy and high quality, except the shoulder joints that are really weak on mine and feel very brittle. Nice butterfly joint, though! Great articulation overall.

Anyway, glad to have it in the collection and happy to say Mafex keeps delivering. :)

Flash looks fantastic. I was planning on stopping (or at least slowing down) after Superman. But if Aquaman and cyborg look as good as Flash and Superman, I may be tempted to finish the lineup. Or at least my version of it. I don’t really want the JL regular Batman or JL Wonder Woman because I prefer the look of the BvS Batman and WW Wonder Woman costumes, respectively. But I might be swayed to get the tactical Batman if I have the funds to do so when he comes out...

On another note, what would people recommend for loosening up stiff joints on these? I didn’t notice it until recently but the left hip ball joint on Superman is so tight that it clicks when you move it. I’m afraid of breaking it if I’m not careful. I know about zapping it with a hair dryer or hot water and will probably try that soon. But I was also thinking about possibly trying to gently lubricate it. I was looking into maybe putting a drop or two of oil (that would penetrate deeper into the joint) but it seems there really isn’t such a thing as plastic-safe oil. It seems the only lubricant that you can really be sure won’t melt or destroy plastic and rubber is silicone grease. I’m just not sure how you could get that down into the ball joint without disassembling it first.

And yes I know, lubricating is probably not the preferred or recommended method for action figures. But I figure if I use it very sparingly then the risk of it becoming floppy is small while the reward of preventing it from becoming tight again would be very welcome. And I’m a mechanic at heart, if not by trade (any more), so my natural inclination is to lube it up!

Well, sorry. I can't help you on that matter (and few people here seem to care about Mafex figures...).

I'm not really interested in Cyborg and Aquaman but those Mafex JL figures are really great and it feels awkward to have them all but two.

Anyway, a couple more pics of Flash. Those details and articulations are awesome.

So digging through my toolbox in the garage this weekend I discovered I actually had a small tub of silicone grease that I had forgotten about. I carefully splayed supermans legs out in the splits where I could easily access the ball joints. The ones that come out of the crotch and insert into the top of the thighs. I used a very thin, VERY pointy q-tip that I have for model building to apply a tiny amount of grease right on the crevice between the ball and the socket. Then I very gently worked the joint around in various directions to spread the grease throughout the joint.

And voila! It worked perfectly. I went ahead and did both hips (one was far worse but they were both a bit sticky/clicky). Now they move easily and smoothly with no risk of breaking while still being nice and tight and holding poses no problem!

Flash looks fantastic. I was planning on stopping (or at least slowing down) after Superman. But if Aquaman and cyborg look as good as Flash and Superman, I may be tempted to finish the lineup. Or at least my version of it. I don’t really want the JL regular Batman or JL Wonder Woman because I prefer the look of the BvS Batman and WW Wonder Woman costumes, respectively. But I might be swayed to get the tactical Batman if I have the funds to do so when he comes out...

On another note, what would people recommend for loosening up stiff joints on these? I didn’t notice it until recently but the left hip ball joint on Superman is so tight that it clicks when you move it. I’m afraid of breaking it if I’m not careful. I know about zapping it with a hair dryer or hot water and will probably try that soon. But I was also thinking about possibly trying to gently lubricate it. I was looking into maybe putting a drop or two of oil (that would penetrate deeper into the joint) but it seems there really isn’t such a thing as plastic-safe oil. It seems the only lubricant that you can really be sure won’t melt or destroy plastic and rubber is silicone grease. I’m just not sure how you could get that down into the ball joint without disassembling it first.

And yes I know, lubricating is probably not the preferred or recommended method for action figures. But I figure if I use it very sparingly then the risk of it becoming floppy is small while the reward of preventing it from becoming tight again would be very welcome. And I’m a mechanic at heart, if not by trade (any more), so my natural inclination is to lube it up!

Use a toothpick to apply a little bit of liquid dish soap in the joint and move the joint around. Only apply a pin size drop.

You’ll notice a difference immediately.

However don’t use too much or you’ll end up with a wobbly/loose joint. If it’s still too stiff you can apply a bit more til it’s too your liking.

Thanks for the tip. As I said above I actually found some silicone grease in my toolbox and used that. It worked perfectly. But liquid soap is a great idea and I'll definitely keep that in my bag of tricks for the future.

To anyone who has the Justice League Flash, did you encounter any QC issues? I've been wanting to get one for a while but I'm still wary of Mafex, even though they've been improving.

After watching some great reviews, I bit the bullet on the Mafex JL Batman, it seems like an awesome figure, cape and everything. Though, I have not seen JL.

I'm surprised there isn't more enthusiasm for these figures.
In my opinion they look better than the Mezco or S.H.Figuarts ones.

Actual cloth doesn't work in 1/12 making the Mezco figures look thick and crude when compared to these.
As for S.H.Figuarts, they are too short and the likenesses just aren't as good.

It's true Mafex figures sometimes have loose joints but they're getting better.
Definitely the choice for me.

The best choice is to combine the 3 brands [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

IMG_6383.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

LOL
One overexposed and poorly posed pic vs a properly lit and framed one.
Nice try "bro".

A figure like Superman or the first two WW of Mafex is very difficult to take a photo well... To figures like the Batman or Superman of Mezco is difficult to make a bad picture ;)

Back