LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you even read the books? You can't get the depth that these books have in just one book. I realize some peoples attention spans are nill but some of you are just :slap.

My guess is your age is 20 or so. Jesus we're in trouble with these kids.

Omfg ....you took my post literally :cuckoo: And I did my best to overdo it as must as possible but some people you just can't reach. Do you have any idea what "irony" and "sarcasm" mean :slap Even without the use of smilies?

But since you ask: I've read the books (all 3 of them) 6 times, first time 20 years ago.

I don't troll. It's my opinion.

Well, then your opinion sucks and you probably aren't meant to be a LOTR fan. You just don't get it. I guess its not slow enough for you.

Omfg ....you took my post literally :cuckoo: And I did my best to overdo it as must as possible but some people you just can't reach. Do you have any idea what "irony" and "sarcasm" mean :slap Even without the use of smilies?

But since you ask: I've read the books (all 3 of them) 6 times, first time 20 years ago.

You realize that tends to not come across well and your post comes across as if you meant it. :slap

You realize that tends to not come across well and your post comes across as if you meant it. :slap

Don't blame me for you taking every little word without smilies literally. But you diehard hardcore fanboys are impossible to reach. One inch of cristisim and all hell breaks loose.

And I just realised how old I am, it's not 20 years since I first read the books, it's 30 years. Most of you who didn't know anything about Tolkien untill the movies came out wasn't even born when I first read the books.

Do you have any idea what "irony" and "sarcasm" mean :slap Even without the use of smilies?

It's pretty hard to detect sarcasm when we can't hear your voice. It's all about tone and inflection, neither of which can be detected through text.

And you must've learned the definition of "irony" from Alanis Morrisette.

Just use smilies in the future to avoid any similar misunderstandings. :peace

Don't blame me for you taking every little word without smilies literally. But you diehard hardcore fanboys are impossible to reach. One inch of cristisim and all hell breaks loose.

And I just realised how old I am, it's not 20 years since I first read the books, it's 30 years. Most of you who didn't know anything about Tolkien untill the movies came out wasn't even born when I first read the books.

You criticize Josh for being a die-hard fan boy and then launch into a diatribe about how much more of a fan you are because you read the books before he was born?

:lol

I'm not even gonna bother to make a point with a newb troll. :slap

Oh by the way I'll be 30 this year so you started reading about when I was born. :pfft: Ignore time :rock

It's pretty hard to detect sarcasm when we can't hear your voice. It's all about tone and inflection, neither of which can be detected through text.

And you must've learned the definition of "irony" from Alanis Morrisette.

Just use smilies in the future to avoid any similar misunderstandings. :peace

:exactly:

I would say most of us posting in this thread read the books long before the movies came out. It's been around 25 years for me since I read them the first time.

And smilies are your friend when attempting humor or sarcasm.

I'm not even gonna bother to make a point with a newb troll. :slap

I think this has all just been a misunderstanding Josh. :(

Just shake hands with Stampe and let's all be friends. :1-1:

What do you say guys, can we put this behind us?

And we can all unite as LOTR fans :hi5:

:duff
Bill

I don't troll. It's my opinion.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if it's a bad one. :lol

Just my opinion. I just wish Peter Jackson would go back to what he is great at. Crazy B movie ____.

I think the amount of awards and accolades Lord of the Rings received shows that he was pretty great at not only crazy B movies. :lecture

Official announcement:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6045

Extended Lord of the Rings Blu-ray Officially Announced
Posted March 21, 2011 10:03 AM by Juan Calonge

Confirming earlier reports (see Blu-ray.com, January 14, March 7 and March 16), Warner Home Video has officially announced the Blu-ray release of the extended version of The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy for June 28. This three-movie collection will be presented in a 15-disc set (6 BDs, 9 DVDs), packaged in multi-disc elite packaging inside a premium rigid slipcase, with an SRP of $119.98. Each movie will be split across two discs. Audio will be 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. The Fellowship of the Ring has been remastered from the original 2k digital files.

This latest tidbit will be welcome news, as the first installment of the trilogy had been controversial among reviewers and enthusiasts alike when it was released last year as part of the theatrical editions because of its inferior picture quality, allegedly related to the use of an older master.

Contents by disc is as follows:
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring feature, Extended Edition – Part 1 (BD)
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North – The Untold Story Trailer
Commentaries:
Director and writers
Design team
Production and post production teams
Cast
BD-Live

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring feature, Extended Edition – Part 2 (BD)
Commentaries:
Director and writers
Design team
Cast
BD-Live

The Appendices Part 1 From Book to Vision (DVD)
Peter Jackson Introduction
J.R.R. Tolkien: Creator of Middle-earth
From Book to Script
Visualizing the Story
Designing and Building Middle-earth
Middle-earth Atlas Interactive
New Zealand and Middle-earth Interactive

The Appendices Part Two From Vision to Reality (DVD)
Elijah Wood Introduction
Filming The Fellowship of the Ring
Visual Effects
Post Production: Putting It All Together
Digital Grading
Sound and Music
The Road Goes Ever On…

Behind-the-scenes documentary created by filmmaker Costa Botes during filming of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (DVD)

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers feature, Extended Edition – Part 1 (BD)
Commentaries:
Director and writers
Design team
Cast
BD-Live

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers feature, Extended Edition – Part 2 (BD)
Commentaries:
Director and writers
Design team
Cast
BD-Live

The Appendices Part 3: The Journey Continues (DVD)
JRR Tolkien: Origin of Middle-earth
From Book to Script: Finding the Story
Gollum
Middle-earth Atlas Interactive
New Zealand as Middle-earth

The Appendices Part 4: The Battle for Middle-earth (DVD)
Elijah Wood Introduction
Filming The Two Towers
Visual Effects
Editorial: Refining the Story
Music and Sound
The Battle for Helm's Deep is Over…

Behind-the-scenes documentary created by filmmaker Costa Botes during filming of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (DVD)

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King feature, Extended Edition – Part 1 (BD)
Commentaries:
Director and writers
Design team
Cast
BD-Live

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King feature, Extended Edition – Part 2 (BD)
Commentaries:
Director and writers
Design team
Cast
BD-Live

The Appendices Part 5: The War of the Ring (DVD)
JRR Tolkien: The Legacy of Middle-earth
From Book to Script
Home of the Horse Lords
Middle-earth Atlas
New Zealand as Middle-earth

The Appendices Part 6: The Passing of an Age (DVD)
Introduction
Filming The Return of the King
Visual Effects
Post-Production: Journey´s End
The Passing of an Age
Cameron Duncan: The Inspiration for Into the West

Behind-the-scenes documentary created by filmmaker Costa Botes during filming of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (DVD)

so from reading the press-release, sounds like this will be the trilogy to own for this year. And finally, a release date!

Jun 28th it is then :rock Looking forward to it and not surprised its still split across two discs. Its gonna look beautiful as did the TE.

The Fellowship of the Ring has been remastered from the original 2k digital files.

This latest tidbit will be welcome news, as the first installment of the trilogy had been controversial among reviewers and enthusiasts alike when it was released last year as part of the theatrical editions because of its inferior picture quality, allegedly related to the use of an older master.

I'm happy to hear that they have remastered Fellowship.

Back