LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*FACEPALM*

Ive evidently not watched this in a while... just saw the scene during Gandalfs story... I expected it earlier and was taken aback...

false alarm...

idiot.

Ok, I finally had a chance to really sit and watch the blu-ray EE Fellowship of the Ring yesterday..... and I have to say..... I was very impressed. I had considered myself a marginal LOTR fan. I have seen the theater edition of Fellowship complete and most of the TTT and ROTK on tv (but never completely all the way through) and while I enjoyed them and they were fun they didn’t seem to interest me the same as they had for a lot of other people. I didn’t get the blu-ray EE until this Christmas because I figured there was no way I could sit through 30+ minutes extra for each movie but yesterday I had the house to myself and I figured what the hell lets do it.

And I have to say that actually getting a chance to sit in peace and have the time to watch and understand and get all the references and comments that I missed on previous viewings made it so much more enjoyable. I am a Star Wars kid at heart (I was 7 when ANH was released in theaters) so nothing will ever be as big in my life as that but even only after watching the first one I can say that now I truly appreciate the LOTR movies so much more and I am really looking forward to watching the last two in the same way.

I think I have gone from marginal LOTR fan to above average fan and that will probably climb after I see the next two. I even just got Fellowship for my Kindle so that’s another big step for me. :)

Yeah, these movies and the books are pretty special. I can understand the point of what hits your heart because to me The Hobbit/Lord of the Ring stand above everything else out there.

I hate to throw oil on puttering flames but is the color correction really that bad?

I've had the EE on DVD since launch but I've been holding off on getting the blurays because of this (even though I'm aware this may be the only version we'll get).

It's a bit frustrating that the 2 boxes I was looking forward too the most have tweaked color and added crap, "nooooooooooo" indeed.

I hate to throw oil on puttering flames but is the color correction really that bad?

I've had the EE on DVD since launch but I've been holding off on getting the blurays because of this (even though I'm aware this may be the only version we'll get).

It's a bit frustrating that the 2 boxes I was looking forward too the most have tweaked color and added crap, "nooooooooooo" indeed.

You won't notice it unless you directly compare to other versions

You might notice a difference if you have two TVs next to each other playing two different versions simultaneously--and whose to say which one you would prefer. Watching the movie by itself (as 99.9% of viewers actually do), I think it looks fantastic. I don't compare internet screen caps when I watch a film, I sit back and enjoy it. These movies have never looked better at home than they do right now.

Am REALLY enjoying the blu's. Have had no issues with color, and my set-up is nothing special. A 43" Dynex with an HDMI connected PS3.
Def worth it.

It was only Fellowship that was "colorcorrected". You can see it if you know it's there and know what to look for (like greenish snow) - at least I could. But the bd's are still a huge upgrade from the dvd and every fan should have them.

I forgot I posted this a while back but thanks guys for all the replies.

You've convinced me :)

Back