LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I think these cuts are far superior to the theatrical cuts, I find the whole thing far too dry and yawnsome.

Hairy hobbit takes evil ring to mountain.

Except it takes 9 hours or so to get there. 9 hours of inconsequential characters and action. Characters are introduced and exited with little or no weight or reason. You could cut a perfectly workable 2 hours version of this and the narrative would still work fine. Sorry. Just my opinion. I just wish Peter Jackson would go back to what he is great at. Crazy B movie ____.

There and back again, indeed. What a dull statement of intent.

Are you serious or just being a troll?:dunno

Great cover design. Looking forward to the release.

Are you serious or just being a troll?:dunno

Great cover design. Looking forward to the release.

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Thats gotta be one of the dumbest statements I've read in a while.

The Cover is really nice and I can't wait to get these on blu and have digital copies of them as well.

Whilst I think these cuts are far superior to the theatrical cuts, I find the whole thing far too dry and yawnsome.

Hairy hobbit takes evil ring to mountain.

Except it takes 9 hours or so to get there. 9 hours of inconsequential characters and action. Characters are introduced and exited with little or no weight or reason. You could cut a perfectly workable 2 hours version of this and the narrative would still work fine. Sorry. Just my opinion. I just wish Peter Jackson would go back to what he is great at. Crazy B movie ____.

There and back again, indeed. What a dull statement of intent.

You shouldn't blame PJ, you should blame Tolkien for writing 3 books instead of one, but you 100% right - the books could have (should have) been cut down to a single book instead of 3. All that pointless waste of words and paper.

You shouldn't blame PJ, you should blame Tolkien for writing 3 books instead of one, but you 100% right - the books could have (should have) been cut down to a single book instead of 3. All that pointless waste of words and paper.

Have you even read the books? You can't get the depth that these books have in just one book. I realize some peoples attention spans are nill but some of you are just :slap.

My guess is your age is 20 or so. Jesus we're in trouble with these kids.

I think the books are just fine the way they are. I couldn't imagine such a richly developed story being condensed into one book.

I've read them numerous times and never once felt they were too long or ever got bored.

Um, it's called a 'story'? It's all made up for our own enjoyment..... :dunno

:goodpost:

I think the books are just fine the way they are. I couldn't imagine such a richly developed story being condensed into one book.

I've read them numerous times and never once felt they were too long or ever got bored.

:exactly: I'm party way through book 2 of TTT and its as fun now as its ever been. I can not read it for a couple days and jump back in to where I was at and I'm good to go like I never missed a beat.

Actually, "The Lord of the Rings" was written as one book but Tolkien's publisher pretty much forced him to break it up into 3 books. :lecture

I may be wrong, but I doubt it... :wink1:

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. Thats gotta be one of the dumbest statements I've read in a while.

The Cover is really nice and I can't wait to get these on blu and have digital copies of them as well.

I don't troll. It's my opinion.

Check it out:

12237_back.jpg

Supposedly comes out June 28, more info here:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=6027

So it sounds like at least 6 of those disc's are just DVD's and in fact, are the same Appendices disc's from the Extended release we already own and I'm not one for 'collecting' multiple copies of the same thing.

With luck, there maybe a release version which is cheap and nothing more then the extended moives on blu-ray. Either that or wait it out and see what PJ does.

Yeah that wouldn't surprise me if the extras are on DVD. Isn't fairly standard to have the feature on Blu-ray and the extras on DVD?

accdg to blu-ray.com the EE feature is on blu-ray, the rest (extras) are all on DVD. so we'll get 6 blu-rays and and 9 DVDs. that's killer as those dvds are repeats of what we already have from the prior releases. with a poss. release date of june 28 too. and price point at $80? really would love to see these but hoping for everything in blu-ray. waste of money in my opinion. i now hope they will just release the EE features alone.

Back