LOST Sawyer hs Commission- by NEKRomantik (Buy now-Pay later)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is ALWAYS welcome. :hi5:

It's just resisting the urge to put the gun in the 'gun' hand. The left hand is a little looser of a grip, but it still works.

Couldn't you put the hand in some boiling water and reshape it, then hold it under cold water?

I am sure it would work, plus you could almost fit the finger to the trigger.

I say go for it! :)

M.

Are there any of these left or is it too late to jump on board?

As these have already been casted, I´d suggest you to ask the sculptor directly. I suppose he will see your post here and might reply but if not, feel free to either send him a private message (his nick here is Nek74) or send him an email
I´m sure there will be something he can do ;)

I got my Sawyer head today,thanks alot Nek,it looks awesome!

Did you guys also get the Fish Cracker? :D

Besides Small Studios,who do you send your heads to for a paintjob?Small Studios is taking my Locke but i am looking for someone that can take my Sawyer.

Small_Studios has done my Locke and is going to do my Juliet.

I've gotten Brent (GDB) to do my Medi Jack and my Mal Reynolds, and he'll be doing my Sawyer.

Boot25 is taking commissions as far as I know, as is SilentSurfer. No idea as to their turnaround time though.

Kuato is getting into the sculpting now so I don't believe he's taking painting commissions.

Not sure on Rismo's status. I PM'd him quite a while ago when I was looking for a painter for my Jack and never got a reply back.

Really??!! :thud:

They all have their own style.

You might want to look at xenoviper as well. He's posted some VERY nice Locke paint-ups in the LOST custom thread.

Here's Boot25's thread: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73045

He does some VERY natural/translucent skin tones, and he's also known for his eyes.

SilentSurfer: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73819

He does a lot of full body Predator repaints, but his human paints are just as impressive.

I'll have to do some digging to find Rismo's thread. I don't think he posts here very often.

edit:
Rismo's thread: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56294

His last login was in October... lol

Thanks for the links,yeah i contacted Xenoviper but he didn`t have the time.
Boot`s work is impressive,something to consider.

Yeah Rismo retired right after I sent him my SS Indy sculpt last September :lol He's been slowly working his way through his last commissions...still waiting on my Indy :thud:

I figured as much. lol I literally PM'd him like an hour after his last login.

And I hear you about Indy. A painter has had my Indy since last May!!! But that's a special case where there were issues beyond his control and he's done MORE than his fair share in fixing it. Just sucks when you have to wait on third parties to get their act together. Still waiting though... :monkey2

And no problem Rock. I try to help out when I can. :hi5:

Found this thread over on OSW.
https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...discussion/346417-lost-james-sawyer-ford.html

I don't think his paint job is doing Nek's sculpt any justice though. :monkey3

sawyer-07.jpg

Yeah, I'm sorry. After seeing incredible paint work on this board...that one just looks "sub-par"! :monkey4

It looks like a quickie paint job on a mass market 12" figure you'd see at Walmart. No fine detail in the face and hair, and the hair looks more red than "dirty blonde" like Sawyer's hair should be. In my opinion.

That headsculpt has been painted by Nigel, a fellow LOST friend from OSW, his nickname is itchybitz.
If we are gonna throw in some criticism I think we should first say that he is just learning to paint. With that in mind I think it´s right to say for a first try he has done a really nice job.

Nope, it´s not a professional paintjob, but he is not a professional painter either. I have tried painting headsculpts before and what I came up with wasn´t half as good so, kudos to him for trying himself and for getting that paintjob in so little time. I think if he keeps trying he will get a lot better.

I´d like to introduce him to you guys. I have encouraged him to join and meet all of you nice Freaks here as he´s told me he´d really like to join us and add his thoughts to our LOST discussions so hopefully he´ll be joining soon.
He´s a great guy, you´ll see, and he´s also interested in the Juliet headsculpt and the Desmond one coming soon so I´m sure beeshaw and everybody else can help him with their knowledge on 1/6 clothing, bodies and accesories, you are doing a great job so far :) We can all learn from each others.

Yes I'm getting the head sculpt!

Thanks to everyone who has been working on this. I have a Locke coming and now this headsculpt.

Can anybody help me out with a list of what is needed to the basic outfit and what body people are thinking of using? This will be the first figure I try to put together so I'm kind of at a loss with where to get shoes, pants, shirt etc.

Go with a TTL 3.0 for a body (the one with a sculpted neck). Try to get the medium complexion one. Sometimes it's labeled as a B.

As far as outfits... up to you really. There's a few sets on eBay that aren't bad. I'm at work so I can't link to them. I've posted some 'inspiration' pics in the LOST custom thread. The first post has the links to the post.

:)

Back