LOST Sawyer hs Commission- by NEKRomantik (Buy now-Pay later)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Karen. I can't seem to locate the thread where Mike Tek had posted Andy's Locke sculpt. I want to ask if there are any more available. All I could find was GDB's thread with the awesome photos of his various paints.

Until I post enough on this board I can't send a member a PM. LOL. I just don't know what to say, other than you guys have some awesome stuff here.

Also, I am hoping another LOST fan new to the board I had skyped with, might chime in soon with something that people might want to get in on to accompany their LOST customs.

Would any of the talented painters on here be able to post a tutorial on how to do neck stubble? I just realized that since the head doesn’t have a neck, the stubble/beard won’t continue down the neck and will probably end up looking silly (stubble up to the chin, clean neck...). Would love to have some ideas on how to tackle this!

LOL.... thanks for the tip and the link Beeshaw. I just barely made enough posts to send a PM. Evidently I have to post more before they let me in the commerce section :p

More use for Neks head soon!!!!!

"Apparently there’s been talk between Marvel and Josh's group to play a “lead” role in an upcoming Marvel film. We mention a “lead” role because these bigger actors often won’t sign “retainers”, meaning everything should be 100% locked (character, film, etc) for Josh once he’s signed the dotted line. We have no idea who he could be playing or how soon he could sign, but here are some of our thoughts we've compiled with the subtle hints we've received.

- Henry Pym (important role in “The Avengers” and its sequels, lead role in “Ant-Man” spinoff.)

- Clint Barton/Hawkeye (maybe a S.H.I.E.L.D. member in "Thor" or “The Avengers” with a starring role in the “S.H.I.E.L.D.” spin-off or a future Avengers sequel.)" :hi5:

https://avengersnews.com/2010/05/31/josh-holloway-found-by-marvel-studios/

Hey chig, thanks for the shout out!

Would any of the talented painters on here be able to post a tutorial on how to do neck stubble? I just realized that since the head doesn’t have a neck, the stubble/beard won’t continue down the neck and will probably end up looking silly (stubble up to the chin, clean neck...). Would love to have some ideas on how to tackle this!

I'll try to paint the stubble as to peter out around the neck. That way, with the shadow of the chin, it shouldn't be a dramatic drop off.

2woyohj.jpg

sbst.jpg

Just receive mine and..... can't wait to bash him now !
I don't even know if I want to add real hair, he looks cool like that.
Now I'm waiting for the first picture of Sam & Dean Winchester !

Pics?? :D

gdb, did you receive your shipment with our heads? (with the ones of those who wanted their Sawyer head painted by you, that is)

Can´t wait!

gdb, did you receive your shipment with our heads? (with the ones of those who wanted their Sawyer head painted by you, that is)

Can´t wait!

:goodpost: :pray:

Can't wait Brent. Did you get my PM about my Sawyer's eye placement?

And to Anthony and Cris, thanks so much for organizing this/taking it on and doing a crazy good job! :hi5:

I hope you do come through with Desmond (eventually, I know you have a few other sculpts to do before him)... I kind of already started piecing him together.

And to Anthony and Cris, thanks so much for organizing this/taking it on and doing a crazy good job! :hi5:

You´re welcome! But no need to thank me, all I do was ask Anthony and post all the info here to let you guys know :) It was him who did the really hard work!

Andy Bergholtz is working on Jack as well as Ben. :1-1:

Yeah but...he´s been working on Ben for how long now? over a year already? :monkey2

You´re welcome! But no need to thank me, all I do was ask Anthony and post all the info here to let you guys know :) It was him who did the really hard work!

Yeah but...he´s been working on Ben for how long now? over a year already? :monkey2

Would Anthony have taken on the commission if it wasn't for you? Probably not. So the Thank You stands. :wave

As far Ben, just about yeah. Just knowing it's on it's way is enough for me.

I PM'd MikeTek recently (along with Andy) to make sure that Ben was still on and he said the original plan was to release a LOST sculpt every other month!! Needless to say, Andy fell a little behind. :impatient:

(I'm somewhat thankful... gives me some time to get these bashes together.)

I should mention that I took the liberty to tweak the hair one more time before molding it. The hair is not as tight on his face, you can actually see his ear lobes now! :wink1:

Just receive mine and..... can't wait to bash him now !
I don't even know if I want to add real hair, he looks cool like that.
Now I'm waiting for the first picture of Sam & Dean Winchester !

Thanks C-Phan! :yess:

I hope you do come through with Desmond (eventually, I know you have a few other sculpts to do before him)... I kind of already started piecing him together.

My pleasure!

Here we're my 3 main motivations for the Sawyer project:

1. My love for the character and the show
2. Having my sculpt next to Andy Bergholtz "John Locke" :eek:
3. Giving you guys what D-Bag couldn't :lol

You can count on me for a Desmond sculpt, your enthusiasm is fuel enough to power my motivation! :)

Ahem.... I had it right. ;)

100_2402.jpg

Cris, I kept the TTL left hand and used a relaxed TT hand for the right. The colour isn't as off in person.

I weathered him up last night. No new pic until I get my head. It's amazing what a little 'dirt't can do. I even busted out the dremel and put a hole in the jeans. Subtle, but effective.

Oh, i know...i saw that...it was an in general bit of advice for everyone. ;)

M.

Oh, i know...i saw that...it was an in general bit of advice for everyone. ;)

M.

Which is ALWAYS welcome. :hi5:

It's just resisting the urge to put the gun in the 'gun' hand. The left hand is a little looser of a grip, but it still works.

Can´t wait!

Nothing in the mail today so hopefully soon. I am eager to begin! :bounce

Can't wait Brent. Did you get my PM about my Sawyer's eye placement?

I did! (I was holding onto it until I could respond with news of delivery.) Just off center to his left. Good choice. I like doing just off centers. I find they make the overall mood more suggestive without being too declarative.

If anyone else has a thought about their paint-ups, now's a good time to let me know. :wink1:

I should mention that I took the liberty to tweak the hair one more time before molding it. The hair is not as tight on his face, you can actually see his ear lobes now! :wink1:

Nek, you are always working! Reminds me of the story a prof at film school liked to relate about the artist kicked out of the museum for touching up one of his paintings that hung there. "Art is never finished," my old teacher has said on many occasions, "it is only put aside for awhile."

Back