Loki , God Of Mischief Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
After completing my Thor custom , I thought it only right to build a "companion piece " , the Thunder God's evil Half-Brother Loki .
He's basically just a bit of fun , made up on a BBI G3 from bits and pieces I had hanging around .

He's not 100% finished yet ( I'm adding a dagger or knife and I'm thinking of giving him a "balaclava-like" headpiece as the headsculpt is quite small and from some angles can look a little lost in the helmet ) but I'm pleased with the way he's working out .

Quick update on Loki . I've tweaked the helmet , adding detail to the faceplate/noseguard as well as giving him a short sword/dagger . I originally gave him a horizontally mounted scabbard attached to his belt ( my research showed this to be a common type used by Vikings ) , but I wasn't happy with how it looked , so I've given him a more conventional one ( not very visible on the pic , but it is there !) . I also added some leather stitching around the hem of the coat to give it a more "rough hewn " look . I just need to finish off repainting the eyes of the headsculpt and then I'll call it a day .

wow, this turned out really nice! I really like the shoulder armor you made and that helmet looks great. His weapons are really nice as well.

A few things that would really make the figure stand out more would be first and foremost to get a different headsculpt. Something with more of a sinister, playful look. Perhaps a smirk or evil glance.

Other than that, some weathering on the coat and boots would really bring the figure to life.

Just some small suggestions, this really is a nice piece. Well done on this!

Thanks die , a bit of weathering will be the final stage before I call him finished . As for the headsculpt , part of the exercise was to use the bits I had available in my "bits-boxes" and the headsculpt was one of a couple I had to choose between . I could look for another sculpt , but then I'd have to look for better boots/trousers/weapons and then before you know it I'd spend months and money putting the figure together ! As I said , Loki was just a "quick" build and a bit of fun between the longer projects .:wink1:

Back