Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's fine. The are a lot of factors contributing to the length.

final battle logan.jpg

First the expression. The grit of the teeth causes the nostrils to slant upward and the nose tip to dip down giving the impression of length. It's also the lighting of the work file. From that angle and lighting, both the fullness around the nose bridge and the bottom of the nostrils/tissue area where it meets the philtrum(mustache area) are washed out in the light also giving the impression of length. The columella(tissue area between the nostrils just above the philtrim) is shadowed from all angles due to the nose tip dipping down. Another factor.

All of that whereas the nose looks more natural and full when viewed from the front.
Logan film Screenshot .jpg
Screen Shot AM.jpg

From that test print they posted earlier this month, the nose looked fine. I can't imagine they made it longer since then. Looks about right...

I remember a time, not too long ago where I was criticized for noticing Jackman's nose shape in here. Funny.
Yeah. That's when we were talking about the prosthetic nose that was used for X 24. We just said we didnt notice the difference because we were so into the story and everything else. Btw i thought you found out about that through a magazine you read. Did you really notice it while you were watching the film?

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

I remember the prosthetic nose discussion too. I was totally intrigued.

And after watching the film a few more times, it's definitely noticeable. Jackman naturally has a long nose and X24 had that distinctive prosthetic nose.

In the bluray DVD featurette, Hugh Jackman pointed out that he wanted the audience to recognize that although X24 is identical to Logan, they still wanted you feel like something was off. Yes, there was the obvious shorter haircut and different clothes, but there was also the prosthetic nose and the contact lenses. I think it was a pretty cool choice. It gave X24 a little extra something that made him a little creepy. Not just a cut and paste clone.

I looked back in the thread to find out more about that nose discussion.
It seems people were just saying they were enjoying the movie and not paying attention to actor's noses or anything else.

I dont see how/why you would take offense to that. It didnt sound like they were criticizing you. Just that they didnt notice.

Offense? Chill out there, captain. Its called an observation.

giphy.gif
You have a good eye. Btw none of us criticized you from what I remember. I looked at this pic a week ago of X 24, and you can totally tell the nose look different.
e2e5f3eb9a9c11619e9246f625973e8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

You_must_be_new_here.gif

BEST BLACK SUIT AND JEANS AND CLAWS AND LOGAN AND HEAD AND EVERYTHING DO IT FOR ME NOW THINK FOR ME TOO. FIVE DOLLA...

You_must_be_new_here.gif

BEST BLACK SUIT AND JEANS AND CLAWS AND LOGAN AND HEAD AND EVERYTHING DO IT FOR ME NOW THINK FOR ME TOO. FIVE DOLLA...

I haven't seen that meme in quite a while LOL. Anyway I get your point but I won't derail the thread any further.

Every day that goes by, the chances are looking worse and worse for that official hot toys release...

With hot toys probably already working on infinite war figures (30 new Iron man variations), chances are definitely minimizing...

Back