Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Worldbox body today. I ordered a few. A couple for my eventual Logan bash and another to upgrade my Hot Toys "The Wolverine".

With both the new body and beard repaint, it definitely brings this figure up a notch. And overall, I'm very impressed with it. Very sturdy and durable. Was worried the upper body would be soft rubber material like the Bane/Ganghood body, but it's actually hard plastic.

On a side note, the white tank top was a ***** to put on the figure. Had to pop off the upper half of the torso to maneuver it on. Probably just going to display it without it anyway since that was a great look. Reminds me of the early promo images too.

Here are some pics!

View attachment 338837
View attachment 338838
View attachment 338839
View attachment 338840
View attachment 338833
View attachment 338835
Looks great!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Only the ones we've seen so far from Kit. Eleven's instagram might've posted some others, but I'm not sure.

The WorldBox body is perfect for DOFP Logan. I believe that's the physique (Jackman's peak in my opinion) that its based on. Unfortunately, the best DOFP sculpt (a fantastic custom released a couple years ago) is slightly too small for it, but Jackman does have a slightly smaller head so it might work just fine.

On a side note, I just received the Hot Toys Force Awakens Han Solo (Old Harrison Ford), and the sculpt is fantastic. Having an older face with more lines and character definitely helped Hot Toys' sculptor work his/her magic. Seriously, AMAZING. They're really missing out if they don't do a Logan. Just imagine that scarred and haggard face done by Hot Toys.

Just to let you guys know another artist is doing a logan sculpt and it BLOWS all of the other ones out of the water. He's shown me the in progress photos and it's unreal. That's all I can say for now....

The DOFP hot toys head could work, if you sculpt more hair onto it, really glad eleven's doing x24, wanted a figure for him. I agree though, World Box body is straight out of The Wolverine/DOFP era.

As for that secret sculpt...I'm gonna need to see it yesterday. :lol

The DOFP hot toys head could work, if you sculpt more hair onto it, really glad eleven's doing x24, wanted a figure for him. I agree though, World Box body is straight out of The Wolverine/DOFP era.

As for that secret sculpt...I'm gonna need to see it yesterday. :lol

The DOFP 70's sculpt that is near perfect is this one:

Custom-1-6-Scale-DOFP-Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine-4-1-Head-Sculpt-For-Hot-Toys-Body.jpg

Unfortunately, the original run of this head is long gone. You can still get version 4.0 or something like that on eBay, but the overall quality isn't as good.

That's a great look! I really dig that first shirtless picture too, got the pose down perfectly :lol I've still got to repaint the beard on mine, I'm just too chicken :lol

Totally hear ya on that point! Took me 6+ hours just to get the flesh tone just right even with Rahmier's tutorial. Was constantly mixing the paints, applying it, rubbing it off with just a little bit thinner (not too much as it would have rubbed off the paint of the original paint job) if it didn't match.

I'd say patience and taking your time is key.

Custom-1-6-Scale-DOFP-Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine-4-1-Head-Sculpt-For-Hot-Toys-Body.jpg

Unfortunately, the original run of this head is long gone. You can still get version 4.0 or something like that on eBay, but the overall quality isn't as good.

:lol I meant the one that's gonna blow all the Logan sculpts out of the water. That one isn't bad though! The hair is spot on! You're right on that old Han Solo sculpt, a withered, scarred Logan would make for an amazing sculpt and if hot toys passes up on it, they're fools.

Totally hear ya on that point! Took me 6+ hours just to get the flesh tone just right even with Rahmier's tutorial. Was constantly mixing the paints, applying it, rubbing it off with just a little bit thinner (not too much as it would have rubbed off the paint of the original paint job) if it didn't match.

I'd say patience and taking your time is key.

I'll give ya twenty bucks to fix mine up. :rotfl

I have that one on my 70s Logan custom haha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like that body, those pictures make him seem much more proportional. I've got one one on preorder, but I might pick up a second through one of the sets Kit is selling. I honestly prefer the MC Stealth set clothes, specifically the jeans.

Back