Lethal Weapon vs. Die Hard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you like better?

• Total voters
Do you prefer DH2 over LW2?
Yup!
I hate movies were they are heavily armed the decide to...
Attack someone with their bare hands only to be shot with a nail gun.
Tie their main protaganist up and drop him in water instead of just shooting him in the head.
Throw a knife in their leg then decide to go toe to toe.
Yeah it's only entertainment and i'm sure there's plenty of annoying bits in DH as well.

Yup!
Tie their main protaganist up and drop him in water instead of just shooting him in the head.
Yeah it's only entertainment and i'm sure there's plenty of annoying bits in DH as well.

Eh, I think DH2 is so forgettable. The only other serviceable DH is With a Vengeance.

DH2 is beyond serviceable.
Same movie in different location and with different characters? As "Die Hard" as it gets.

Third one is pathetic, pre-2k Bruce and McTiernan's directing were the only reasons to watch it.

The whole Nakatomi formula only worked once for me, I just didn't buy it. DH3 was just okay to me since it wasn't a repackaged film, but I think the final act was terrible.

And Bruce's hair piece in DH3 was bad, although no where near Sixth Sense bad :rotfl

Yup!

Ignore the dozen guns you have and decide to fight him on the wing of a Boeing 474 on an impossibly long runway... :lol

DH2 is beyond serviceable.
Same movie in different location and with different characters? As "Die Hard" as it gets.

Third one is pathetic, pre-2k Bruce and McTiernan's directing were the only reasons to watch it.

Die Hard 2 is bad like all of Renny Harlin's films are bad (though I do enjoy Cliffhanger which was a better Die Hard film then Die Hard 2).. Die Hard 2 does not feel much different then Long Kiss Goodnight or Cutthroat Island. The jokes/one liners in DH2 fall flat (I only do needle point). The Bad guys are wothless and the action is average (way too much goofy Slow motion).

Sure it copies the Die Hard Fomrmula but so did the film Sudden Death... That don't make it good.

I do agree 100% on Die Hard 3 though. Blah..... Boring.

3 (With a Vengeance) is great. The last two from the last couple of years were awful, don't even bother with those. Willis just acts like himself in them, there's no McClane to be found.

Yea I'm shocked DH3 is so hated here, it pretty much had all the ingredients that makes for an awesome action film. It was quite intense throughout, Zeus made for a great partner, Simon and his henchmen were great antagonists and the movie was funny as hell.

DH2 felt like a retread of DH1,but in a different location, didn't do anything to really progress the series or Mclane. I didn't think it was terrible but certainly not as good as DH1 and DH3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I find DH3 slow, but if I had to pick any sequel to watch it would be that one.

Yea I'm shocked DH3 is so hated here, it pretty much had all the ingredients that makes for an awesome action film. It was quite intense throughout, Zeus made for a great partner, Simon and his henchmen were great antagonists and the movie was funny as hell.

DH2 felt like a retread of DH1,but in a different location, didn't do anything to really progress the series or Mclane. I didn't think it was terrible but certainly not as good as DH1 and DH3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also love DH3. Am baffled by the general dislike here.

For me it had to do with the fact that John McClane never really battled the terrorist face to face. He had that one great scene in the Elevator (one of the best scenes in the series) but otherwise he was running around NY trying to solve riddles. I thought that Jeremy Irons was overrated as the bad guy... Nothing special. The fact that he is Hans brother is the only thing that makes him interesting IMO.

As far as the series goes.... I never got the dislike for Die Hard 4.... Great action scenes... Great Bad guy that was the perfet foil for the Dinosaur McClane.. It had one over the top action scene (Plane surfing) and Kevin Smith was out of place (should have cast someone else) but it was IMO the closest to Die Hard in terms of McClane being McClane, McClane having good one liners (GD Hamster), a great Bad Guy, some good henchmen (something DH2 and 3 really lacked) and a pretty good story.

Peope complain that it's not Die Hard because it don't take place in one specific area (Not sure why DH3 gets a pass) and that the action at times is over the top. All of the films have over the top action. Part 1 was the only one that did not have any eye rolling action.

Scenes like McClane getting angry and talking to himself before driving the car into the Chopper was classic McClane...

People also say that McClane became too much of a hero/Superhero... Well that did not happen until they took his daughter.... and those of us with kids know that everything changes when people mess with your kids..

I also thought that the sidekick was way better then Sam Jackson... The kid served a purpose... He had to help McClane with all of the tech stuff. Jackson was in there because Pulp Fiction was huge.

Of course this is just my humble opinion. Perhaps it's the area I come from because three of my friends who also think that Die Hard is the greatest action film ever, think that Die Hard 4 is the second best in the series, part 2 is awful and 3 is over rated... We don't count part 5... Barf....

v4zb54.gif

Back